thank you

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thank you

So, I've been out of a job for going on 4 months now - it's easy to get down, but I've been making sure to appreciate what I do have... and all those little moments in life... to not overblow the things that go wrong or take for granted the little stuff.

I had a moment yesterday where I had to pause, smile, and say thank you to nobody in particular: We got back from a trip to the grocery store, and when I opened the back, I was handed a get-out-of-jail-free card from the universe. A warning instead of a ticket... a "we'll let this one slide" from karma...

Anyway, whatever you call it, it totally made my day... I took a pic w/ my phone, and it's now my desktop wallpaper: :row__593:

[media]http://www.tacticalsites.com/~whiskeysix/karma1.jpg[/media]

more thankful people:
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9YKBml4j28[/media]
    Last edited by WhiskeySix; 04-15-2009, 05:54 PM.

Re: thank you

lol, that's definitely a "whew" moment...anyway seriously I hope you do find a job soon man, I know if I were out of a job it would be a problem because I have basically nothing liquid for savings...
    "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
    -- Red Forman

Comment

Nice save. I have been in your shoes before... several times. After graduation it took me 5 months to land a job. That lasted for about 4 months and then I got laid off. Took another 8 months after that to land my next job which lasted for 2 years. The last 6 months of that though, they cut back my hours because of $$$ issues the company was having. So it was like being out of a job as I was in active hunt mode.

Finally got a wonderful job working in about the best thing you can now... Electronic Health Records. So I have been there man, it is sooo hard and each day makes it feel worse and worse. Keep at it, I know you will pull through.

It's always darkest before the dawn. - Gautama Siddharta
      Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Holy cow, that is pretty darn lucky. Nice. :)

It's like that one time I left the gas cap on the roof of the family minivan and drove home and found it hadn't gone with the wind. ;)
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Hey, nice save! Of course it was your bag-placing skills that saved the day. I refuse to believe otherwise.

Hang in there on the job front. They say it takes a month for every 10k you want. Maybe another 10 months then, eh? ;)

Also, please tell us more about the roo sausage. I'm now quite hungry, and curious.

Comment

Spaghetti sauce saves the day.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse