Everyone has a hero!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone has a hero!

Hey, i dont know how many of you have heroes in your lives whether they be in your everday life or someone famous. Or maybe your everyday life if your famous.

But what i do know is who my hero is. And my hero is Paul Gilbert. He is -in my eyes- the most talented guitarist that ever did live (so far ;)) and love listening to him.

Ive listened to every album Paul has put out and it is just freaking fantastic! A little bit of a backround!

Some of you may or may not know the band Mr.Big, pretty popular in its time and Paul did the guitar for it, as well as his own band Racer X which was also pretty huge among the metal and rock world. Hes played with countless other famous guitar players and appeared at many events. Hes released dozens of albums and his guitar work is just phoenominal!

What makes him my hero specifically is the time, effort and determination he puts into being an amazing guitarist and i think he deserves to be acknowledged up there with the best of them.

So lets hear who your heroes are! Post your hero or mentor or w/e and tell the story!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x92csOySpRs[/media]
    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Re: Everyone has a hero!

My hero is Davy Crockett! He is a true American hero!

Comment

My heroine = Charlotte Bronte (as if that wasn't clear enough). I agree with/relate to almost everything she ever said. I am tolerably well convinced that if she were alive today she would be a gamer girl. Reason tells me so.

Bronte comes from French & means thunder. Note my alternate pseudonym for 2142. I should have waited until tomorrow to post this. It's her birthday ;) The most recent Librivox tribute to her is here... http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=295148

sigpic
      "The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying
      something which is not everything it should be." Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Einstein, Goofy, James Dean.

Intellect, playfulness, cool...
        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Ray Bradbury, one of my favorite storytellers.
          |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Craig Venter - Celera Genomics - sequenced human genome

Charles Darwin - his theories form the foundation of modern biology and medicine

Benjamin Franklin - a statesman and a scientist, one of the founding fathers of the USA

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Seal Team 10:
              Lt. Michael P. Murphy Matthew Axelson, Danny Dietz

1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta (1SFOD-D):
              Gary Gordon, Randy Shughart

3rd Ranger Battalion 75th Ranger Regiment:
              CPL Jamie Smith
              Skud

Comment

Billy Graham.

Audy Murphy.
                The Old Guy
                kin3
                sigpic

Comment

Law enforcement personell especially the CHP.
                  |TG|Ghost02
                  TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Bob Hoover, one of the (if not the) best pilot out there. Yes, you heard him and saw correct, those engines are shut down. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWPQDMIpQaA[/media]

Comment

Charles Darwin - To add to what neutrino said, Darwins' impact on modern thinking about the world about us and hence society was immense. yes, it followed some nasty stuff about eugenics and a twisted proxy by the Nazis came about because of it but nowadays we find variation key and we have become wonderous even more so because of what he layed out. I like it because it is akin to a philosophical way of thinking 'bend with the wind' kind of thing. I was brought up in the British Natural History Museum (not literally :P ). To me Darwin stands for a deep part of my essence as I grew up. Even his travelling and the time taken to wrrite The Orgin of Species, because of his understanding that what he was to publish would be huge, against the preconcieved values of the establishment, i.e. 'The Church'.

Richard Attenborough - (brother of David, Actor/Director of films) - For showing me darwins' theory all those days ago when I was brought up as a Catholic, and after about 4 weeks of watching his programs Life on Earth, thinking 'hang on I believe him more'. Being an Ambasador for many years and showing the general public, Life, and including thought out pariah subjects but valued ones, that go against the established thought in Biology/Anthropology like the Aquatic Ape hypothesis, which suggests we became upright, and speaks of our form as we are (like seemingly 'hairless', even as mum would say, our 'matrimonial prospects' etc etc etc etc) not on the Savahnnas of Africa, but besides a shore line.

Comment

My hero is god for all the beautiful things he created in all the 10.000 years the earth existed

Comment

Originally posted by Lyramion View Post
                          My hero is god for all the beautiful things he created in all the 10.000 years the earth existed
                          I hear he does fantastic things with clay. His writing, though, just lacks a little something.
                          I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Forrest Gump!

I know that he is fictitious, but I admire everything about him. Humble, smart, kind, brave, loyal...I think those are the virtues of a hero! That tramp Jenny doesn't deserve him;)
                            "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
                              Forrest Gump!

I know that he is fictitious, but I admire everything about him. Humble, smart, kind, brave, loyal...I think those are the virtues of a hero! That tramp Jenny doesn't deserve him;)
                              If there ever was a hero, it just may have been Gump...

God, what a great film. I still get fairly ( on a scale from 1 to 5, 3 ) emotional when I watch the end...
                              Skud

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X