Southern Cooken

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Cooken

I was looking through the forums and noticed that Wyz lived in Memphis. Me and Monkers live in a small town called Selmer in TN. It's 30 minutes above Corinth, MS, and about 45 from Jackson, TN.

I brought this idea up to Wyz and he said he'd love to, but his travel schedule is limited.

We live on the TN river and there's a place where we ride 4 wheelers called Dry Creek. It's awesome, waterfalls, hills, gullies, etc... Fun place...

I was thinking, if anyone would be interested, that we should get together a few of us for a small party. Maybe BBQ something or just hang out, w/e.

I'm sure most of you wouldn't want to fly all the way down here from so far away, but if you're in proximity of TN or close enough to not waste 2 weeks getting here, and yer interested, I'm going to try and schedule this for sometime in the summer when it warms up.

It's cold down here right now. Middle of March it's normally atleast 65-70 outside and it's 40 today... wierd weather.

But, it will warm up sooner or later, I hope, and when it does, we're going to get together some people from around town and have a party.

I have an old crappy house at my disposal that we're re-doing. It will sleep atleast 4 people comfortably and there's enough floor space for about 15 more...

I'm thinking... TG PARTY! :D

-Mom
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Re: Southern Cooken

Yes... consider me interested in this. I can get to you in about two hours. I don't drink, but I don't at all mind being around the stuff.

I'd love a camping trip near those hills and waterfalls, really.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Hmmm, that's 10 hours/630 miles from me according to Google. I'm not sure my truck would make it... If I get a new car before this, I think I'll be there, though.

Man, I need to win the lottery...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Guys,
        I might be interested in this (if I'm invited). I live in Chicago, and would love to return to my southern roots for a bit of camping. I have gear. It would have to be over the summer, as that is when I can take vacation.
        I've never rode a 4-wheeler.....or fired a gun for that matter. I dig the alcohol thing though.

drew_952

Comment

Originally posted by drew_952
          I dig the alcohol thing though.
          Oh, if I come, I'm going to bring a few cases of Shiner Bock (one of the great things about Texas!).
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Lol... everyone is invited... Depending on how deep we go into Dry Creek, I may take my car... it's got a back way in down a gravel road, but it just turns into mud holes after a while... I've seen cars smaller than mine out there though...

It's a huge place... not entirely too sure about the camping... I wouldn't want to with all the people that are out there, but that's discussable...

Any given day, on a warm day that is, there are 150-200 people there at any time.. it's a popular place...

We'll discuss more later... Gotta jet... class starting again..

-Mom
            Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

There are some things that cause a grown man to never forget a weekend.

The combination of Tennessee backcountry, strong alcohol, and firearms is one such combination.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                There are some things that cause a grown man to never forget a weekend.

The combination of Tennessee backcountry, strong alcohol, and firearms is one such combination.
                Does this statement come from experience, or are you just looking forward to this BBQ? :)

It's said that here in Texas, most accidents occur right after this commonly heard phrase: "Here, hold my beer. Watch this!"
                Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

lol I was just being silly.

I don't drink, haven't spent much time in backcountry, and can count the number of firearms sessions I've had on one hand.

Comment

Well, from experience, and oyu can ask Will/Yer Mom, I do some pretty stupid crap when im fit shaced. And if this BBQ, goes as planned....a couple of you TG members will find out. If we do go to Dri Creek for this BBQ...there is a place called The Point... Depending on the level of Pickwick Lake there is a Tree on a cliff about 40 to 50 feet above water level that we will be swinging off of into the cold A** water while in-tox-i-ma-cated...Believe.....EVERYONE will have a good time...

-Monkz
                    Allen: Yeah, you're right.
                    Monkerz: I think "that" in its self proves my intelligence greater than yours, thus joo have just been pwnt by Monkerz!

Comment

Jumping off cliffs and double posting. Ah yes, the adventures of the backcountry.

Comment

wouldnt mind a 16yr old comming, would yah?

I love riding in trails, camping, ect.. I think I would be very interested in this. I as well live near Memphis, TN.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                          Double Posting
                          oh i just wanted to get an even 60 posts in....lol....naw my broswer just got alittle stuck...lol

Originally posted by Sniper
                          wouldnt mind a 16yr old comming, would yah?
                          And Yes there prolly be some 16 year old "girls" there for SNIPER...we are not bring them of course...they just want to come alone and find some elder P***S...roflmao

I cant say much...Im only 19 and Yer Mom is 18....but age doesnt matter when a party is involved....

-Monkz
                          Last edited by MONKERZ; 03-16-2005, 05:07 PM. Reason: Spelled Admins Name Wrong.....BIG NO NO
                          Allen: Yeah, you're right.
                          Monkerz: I think "that" in its self proves my intelligence greater than yours, thus joo have just been pwnt by Monkerz!

Comment

Rgr that... all ages are welcome, if you can talk Yer Mom (heheh) in to it... :D

Although, we will not be contributing to the delinquincy of a minor unless you pitch in :D

PS... if all goes as planned, if you own a 4 wheeler or off road vehicle of any kind.. be it truck, car, dirt bike, etc... bring it...

Hell, you can even bring a Harley if ya don't mind mud on it...

Point in case, the trails and etc of Dry Creek are VERY wet, muddy, dusty, rocky, etc... so, unless you wanna ride b*tch on someone else's 4 wheeler, bring yer own...

Also, I'm not too sure about the Dry Creek thing... if the majority of our people don't have off road vehicles, I may just change our plan to a BBQ/Lan party via the old house I mentioned earlier...

Everyone is welcome, of course... male/female/both all ages above 15... Can't have'm too young...

We need to get some dates together pretty soon if we wanna do this so I'll know what pay check I need to save... :D

-Mom
                            Yer Mom /O>

Comment

My grandfather has a 4wheeler i may be able to bring along for me to ride.. that would be fun :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X