Recommendations?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations?

Having recently played (most of) GRAW2 and hated it, I'm hoping there's a good alternative out there that I might have missed. For me, GRAW2 missed pretty wide of the mark. I have many minor quibbles (poor user interface being just one) but for me the deal-breakers were the seriously buggy AI controlling my fellow Ghosts and the poor level design coupled with simple enemy AI. My squad had serious and persistent pathfinding and line-of-sight issues (bad enough to ruin the game on their own) and the level design itself was much too sniperish for my liking and very scripted. I thought I was buying a tactical shooter but there's really no room for any tactics at all in most of GRAW2's missions. After spending a great deal of time experimenting with my squad I eventually got into the habit of sneaking through each mission effectively solo, sniping witless foes from long range, with my men always some distance behind me and only needed for taking out vehicles and doing scripted "defend this area" sections. It's not that the game was easy exactly, but it was heavily scripted and presented entirely the wrong sort of challenge, and the incompetence of my squad rendered them all but useless.

I've not played many tactical shooters and I'm convinced that there must be a good one out there other than SWAT 4 (which I rate as pretty excellent and highly replayable) so I'm asking for recommendations. What's good and why?

-= EDIT =-
    Actually it doesn't even need to be a shooter, really. Just tactical! ;)

Re: Recommendations?

Okay try playing multiplayer here on the TG server. Go the the GRAW2 forum and read all about it. We have some custom maps that are really good. We get on TeamSpeak and play as a squad against the AI and they are pretty good.

Next try Call of Duty 4 and Call of Duty World at War multiplayer here on our server. Same as above, go the the fourms and read all the rules then come join us as we play together and against each other. We have some good maps and the people are great. You are not judged on your ability but on your character. The people hear at TG are the greatest people you can find to play with. We have a lot of fun. We laugh and have a good time.

Welcome to the forums.
    The Old Guy
    kin3
    sigpic

Comment

Well after an invitation like that I might just have to reinstall them! :D

Comment

Great, see you there.
        The Old Guy
        kin3
        sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement