256-Player Online

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 256-Player Online

Zipper Interactive (the people who made SOCOM) has announced the game MAG, short for Massive Action Game. Zipper proposed the game will support 256 players online at or above 30 frames per second. The game is a PS3 exclusive (I have no idea if they plan to release for PC or 360) and it is online only. In the game you pick one of 3 starting factions, and you can then go duke it out with the other 2. They plan on adding no ambient tracks, so every bullet, every helicopter, every explosion comes from a player or their off map support. The game is set to release in fall. Information can be found by googling "MAG Zipper Interactive" or in Game Informer Issue 193 on page 55.

Personally, this game is making me consider selling my 360 for a PS3.

Discuss.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
    - Sun Tzu

Re: 256-Player Online

See also - Planetside

See also - Ultima Online

See also - ... Hey, do you think we could get 256 people rolling on a tribes server these days?

Comment

Originally posted by FrankManik View Post
      See also - ... Hey, do you think we could get 256 people rolling on a tribes server these days?
      Good gravy, that could be crazy. (And lag inducing)

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

wish they can make it.. and hope no lag at all..
        If you show your head then your dead....

Comment

they're saying that they are going to use dedicated servers, and they will somehow make it lag-free/ minimal lag.
          i don't know how, but they will.

also, the game is gonna have a couple different modes, but the 256 player one will be the biggest. MAG has 2 game modes that have 64 players, and another one that has 128 players.
          If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
          - Sun Tzu

Comment

Sounds interesting...although they're going to have to make some pretty big maps if it isn't going to turn into a game like COD4's 'shipment' level. If they could make it work with some decent lag free game play it could turn out to be a revolutionary game.

Comment

Get ready to pay a subscription fee!
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                Get ready to pay a subscription fee!
                =( subscription fees on games make me wanna cry.

Comment

See also Joint Ops?

Comment

Originally posted by VegaBond View Post
                    See also Joint Ops?
                    Hell yes, my good sir.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server