Need fps game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need fps game

Well when i get my new computer im PROBABLY going to get a new game as well its ether going to be Battlefield 2 Quake wars or armed assualt which one should i get?

Also i play Battlefield 2142 so i have a preety good idea on what bf2 will be like

Does Armed assualt have a monthly fee? Due to the hugeness of the battles 100 or so players being on the same server i assumed i would need a subcsription for that game.

...just noticed i messed up the topic title but you get what im asking.. right?
    Last edited by Dengoru; 04-21-2009, 02:07 PM. Reason: ...bah messed up the topic name
    |TG-Irr|CrazyDengoru
    Yes i watch and read mlp:fim related videos and fanfics. Problem?
    sigpic
    Steam ID: CrazyDengoru

Re: Need fps game

I would recommend BF2 with Project Reality (a Mod)-check out the TG BF2 forums for more info.

Also you should check out Call of Duty 4 and 5.

Comment

I also recommend BF2 with the Project Reality mod which you can download for free at www.realitymod.com and you can also DL the Manual for free as well.

I also recommend ARMA, it is a different sort of FPS, Bamboo is a excellent person to get you acquainted with it, along with blackdog and jeepo and even some of the regulars whose names i have forgotten since its been a while since i have visited Saharani (sp?)

Battlefield 2 from what i gather goes for around $10 or so now? ARMA is also very cheap, ARMA2 is slated to come out sometime this year not sure, though i won't be running it due to the magnitude on what it will require in regards to graphics/processor/ram etc.

But then again I am biased to tactical combat oriented FPS, COD4's storyline and single player game mode is intriguing but i know on the multilevel playing field i won't enjoy it, BF2 with its 64 total player capability is really something quite extraordinary, and ARMA and its COOP Multi-playing experience against trained bots is something I wish PR could compete with.
      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
      Level I HazMat Technician
      NYS EMT-B
      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Try Left 4 Dead. It's pretty popular right now. You get a squad of four and have to survive the zombie apocalypse. (Got apocalypse first try :D)

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

BF2 also for the POE2.5 mod, it rocks!

Get it here

Comment

http://www.tribesnext.com/

Very fun, completely free. About 1/2 GByte download. Be sure to read the FAQ. If you have multicore, set affinity as detailed in the forums there.
            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

For the BF2 PR mod on the TG server do i need any booster/expansion packs or do i just need the original game?
              |TG-Irr|CrazyDengoru
              Yes i watch and read mlp:fim related videos and fanfics. Problem?
              sigpic
              Steam ID: CrazyDengoru

Comment

Original game is all you need :)

Comment

Originally posted by FL1Pmode View Post
                  Original game is all you need :)
                  If you know this, why won't you play PR? You twitch shootering (My word, hands off) 3rd guys should do like a tank, or APC squad on it. :D

But yeah, hop on PR sometime.

/off-topic

Comment

Try Left for dead. It's the best thing since sliced bread!

|TG| Sproge "Tiger how did you flip that tank?!"
                    |TG-SC| PM07SNV "We need another world war to base more games on..."
                    |TG-AIR| DrBeat: "I just dropped my propane tank in the fire again"

Comment

Definitely ArmA. Try Smod-Tactical.

Comment

N-N-Necro post by some Ijji rep. Nice. :p
                        Skud

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse