Official Drink of 2009 Contest!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Drink of 2009 Contest!!

The cookout/summer party season is upon us. Put the kids to bed, light the fire, and enjoy good conversation and laughs with friends. Beer is good, but uninspiring. Nothing beats a pitcher of summery goodness, so let's see what you've got! The rules are simple:
    • It must contain alcohol
    • Post ingredients, instructions, and variations (if any)
    • Recipe doesn't have to be yours - post whatever you find that tastes good
    • Must not contain MEAT.

My Official Drink of 2008 was something I dubbed a "raw margarita":

Code:
    Ingredients (makes 8 drinks)
    - 2 cups Tequilla (MUST be "100% Agave" - silver is the best variety)
    - 1 cup Cointreau
    - 1 cup water
    - 1 cup simple syrup* made with raw cane sugar
    - juice from 8 large limes

Directions
    - Combine all ingredients in a pitcher and stir.  

Serving
    - Fill serving-glass with ice.
    - Pour ice into shaker.
    - Pour margarita into shaker until it almost covers ice.
    - Shake vigorously and pour back into glass

* simple syrup is made by melting sugar and water together in a 2:1 ratio.  To make 1 cup syrup, combine 1 cup syrup + 1/2 cup water.
    Last edited by WhiskeySix; 04-30-2009, 09:49 AM. Reason: removed blender restriction

Re: Official Drink of 2009 Contest!!

I'm workin on the mojito this year (rum's cheaper than tequila and planted some mint plants out back - the gift that keeps on giving) I'll post my recipe once I work out all the kinks! ;)

Last weekend by the fire :row__582::

Comment

Ukrainian Mind Explosion
      1 litre per person
      small amount of ice
      1/4 gin
      1/4 vodka
      1/2 lemonade
      lime cordial to taste

Comment

Dirty Vodka Martini!

1/4 Extra Dry Vermouth
        3/4 Grey Goose Vodka
        A splash of Olive juice
        Two Olives
        Shaken...not stirred!
        "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
          It must contain alcohol
          This sucks for those of us who don't drink. :( (Just never acquired a taste for it.)

Sans alcohol, my favorite summer drink to date was something I encountered in gold country, California, the "triple threat". It's a simple combination of the juice of one each lemon, orange, and lime, combined with ice and cold water. It was great to carry on a 12 mile bike ride on dirt roads in the Sierras when I was totally out of shape. (I spent the next 3 days of my vacation lying on the couch waiting for the leg cramps to stop. They would have been far worse without the hydration.)
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Being a recently diagnosed Celiac, I can no longer enjoy the world of beer, so I try to find new things to enjoy.

I'm not a big Vokda or fruity/sweet drink person, but holy crap: Skittles Vodka

I read about it months ago, just didn't have the time to make it. A friend of mine has made it a few times, and had some when I was visting last weekend. It tastes amazing, exactly like the candy. Just be aware that its pure vodka, there's only sugar/flavoring added to it.

Drink it straight as shots, slight bite if (use less vodka/more skittles if you don't want a bite), or mixed with sprite.

Taste the Motherf***ing rainbow!

Comment

Um, my entry is this:

I dont even have to say anything. It wins. Anyone rejecting that line of thought is simply in denial. Please seek psychiatric help. I highly recommend the doctors office located at St. James Gate, Dublin, Ireland.

Comment

Ahhh, Ferris my man, you ain't tried Guinness until you have tried it here!!!:D

Comment

Expensive as hell and well worth it:

[media]http://www.bov.ch/labels/USA/usa-dogfish-head-120-minute-imperial-ipa.jpg[/media]
                  Last edited by WhiskeySix; 04-29-2009, 11:45 AM. Reason: edited huge image to use media tags
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                    Um, my entry is this:
                    [media]http://www.doubleviking.com/dv_images/2009/01/13/guinness.jpg[/media]
                    I dont even have to say anything. It wins. Anyone rejecting that line of thought is simply in denial. Please seek psychiatric help. I highly recommend the doctors office located at St. James Gate, Dublin, Ireland.
                    Agreed, but since I don't have a keg/tap in my backyard, no win.

Originally posted by Buckets View Post
                    Expensive as hell and well worth it:

[media]http://www.bov.ch/labels/USA/usa-dogfish-head-120-minute-imperial-ipa.jpg[/media]
                    great beer... though if I'm going to be drinking a few of em, I like the 60 and 90 min versions better.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                      Agreed, but since I don't have a keg/tap in my backyard, no win.

great beer... though if I'm going to be drinking a few of em, I like the 60 and 90 min versions better.
                      There are tastier options that cost less if you're going for the 60 or 90 minute versions (I'm thinking about Nimbus Palo Verde Pale Ale and Boulder Brewing Hazed and Infused Ale in particular) but I can't afford to drink more than one 120 at a time.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anospa View Post
                        It tastes amazing, exactly like the candy. Just be aware that its pure vodka, there's only sugar/flavoring added to it.
                        Pet Peeve here, any drink with alcohol, YOU CAN TASTE THE ALCOHOL. I hate when people say, it tastes like Kool Aid or something like that IT DOESN'T. That being said, I'll have to try this and see what it's like.

Personal favorite is a drink I had at the tequila bar last month.

Unfortunately I don't know the ratios, but it consisted of

Blood Orange Juice
                        1921 Reposado Tequila
                        Ginger sprinkled on the top
                        Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

Haha, well, fine. It tastes exactly like a skittle with a slight bite of vodka. I think you could lessen the bite by using a higher qualilty vodka and more skittles.

Comment

If you're interested in more exotic drinks, I have a few from Ye Olde Country:

Pajala Sunrise - http://www.drinkswap.com/drinks/deta...recipe_id=8482

Ingredients
                            20 cl/6 oz Vodka
                            "Falukorv" susage (Can probably substitute with bologna if in the US)
                            1 Glass

Directions
                            Fill glass with vodka.
                            Place a slice of sausage on the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamthefallen View Post
                              If you're interested in more exotic drinks, I have a few from Ye Olde Country:

Pajala Sunrise - http://www.drinkswap.com/drinks/deta...recipe_id=8482

Ingredients
                              20 cl/6 oz Vodka
                              "Falukorv" susage (Can probably substitute with bologna if in the US)
                              1 Glass

Directions
                              Fill glass with vodka.
                              Place a slice of sausage on the edge.
                              I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. Rules updated.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X