Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some help.. trying to locate some n95 masks.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help.. trying to locate some n95 masks.

I found a couple of places that I can purchase them online.
    Like HERE.
    Though I am a little hesitant since I am a first time buyer from anyplace really other than newegg or amazon and when I buy from amazon it's only from them and not from their marketplace.

Can anyone give me a reputable place to order from or from what you see on the site can say it's probably not a bad place to buy from.

Re: Need some help.. trying to locate some n95 masks.

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/nav...&ci_sku=685965

or

http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/topic.../n95list1.html
    "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

If you're thinking about using it to protect against the Mexican/swine flu, be advised that N95 respirators aren't going to cut it...

I would consider this if for that specific use:

http://myclyns.com/us/respirators/
      Last edited by CingularDuality; 04-29-2009, 09:25 PM.
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Yup exactly what I want them for.
        Especially since I am in a Health Care setting. I work in a pharmacy.
        I need something that will operate all day.
        Currently I have some moldex disposable respirators on order.
        http://www.envirosafetyproducts.com/...ical-Mask.html

These are rated on the cdc list as surgical masks.

Comment

The NIOSH N95 will trap 95% of particles down to 10 microns in size. They work well with aerosols and particulates (sneezes, coughs, blood spatter, pollen...) The NIOSH N99 traps 99%.

http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/topic...ors/disp_part/
          This link will explain all the Ratings for masks so you donít get lost in all the lingo.

I work in a pathology lab and am praying this thing just blows over.

Question: If you are a health care worker is it not your employerís job to supply you with appropriate PPE?
          NIOSH can answer that question for you and your boss.
          Sarcoma.

Comment

Yup employers need to supply appropriate PPE.
            |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

N95 masks are not PPE for the Mexican flu. That standard doesn't do much of anything against an airborne virus like the one we're dealing with...
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Currently we have some N95 masks for ourselves. (Correct me if I am wrong but I believe OSHA only applied to locations that employ 10 or more and we are only employ 3 people.)

Sarcoma do as a person who is in the pathology lab.
                The masks that Cingular posted should I spring for those or should I just invest in a reusable repirator? I am leaning towards a reusable but for now the disposables are better than nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcoma View Post
                  The NIOSH N95 will trap 95% of particles down to 10 microns in size. They work well with aerosols and particulates (sneezes, coughs, blood spatter, pollen...) The NIOSH N99 traps 99%.

Unfortunately, most viruses tend to be less than a micron in size. These masks might help keep your sneezes to yourself, but they're not going to do much to stop an already airborne virus.
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Viruses are not just floating around nude in particulate eddies. Every virulent pathogen has a portal of entry in which they infect a viable host. Conditions must be such the pathogen can remain viable while transfer takes place. Some cold (Air transfer) viruses just last longer than others while suspended in aerosol. The CDC will figure out the transfer dynamics of this flu and let the world know.

To answer your question Amu read the CDC info at: http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/guidelin...on_control.htm
                    It is what every hospital in the US will use as a baseline for infection control.

NIOSH N95 is the standard ATM, or you could go SCUBA, or be the next bubble boy.

Sarcoma
                    Sarcoma.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                      N95 masks are not PPE for the Mexican flu. That standard doesn't do much of anything against an airborne virus like the one we're dealing with...
                      On the radio this morning there was a report that the virus is airborne only in droplets from an infected sneezer. Here is a web link to a similar story.

Also a link to a CDC presentation on sneeze bioaerosols. The presentation states that within 3 seconds, up to 40,000 wet sneeze droplets dehydrate down to a size of 0.5 to 12 microns. Particles 100 microns and smaller can stay airborne in normal room air movement for prolonged periods of time.

Hrm, I thought looking this up was going to make me feel better, not worse. :(

Comment

I think the masks are most effective when people who are sick wear them. That is what most of them are really designed to do, prevent the nasty stuff from a person going out in the world.

Realize that if it gets into your eyes it can infect.
                        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

At least as far as Pre-Hospital is concerned, N95s are recommended with no further mentioning of N99 or anything like that. Of course gloves, gowns, and eye protection are included for PPE.

Not sure what the deal is regarding inadequacy of N95 masks? Got a link from the CDC that states N95 are no longer Rec?
                          |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Originally posted by TurkishDelight View Post
                            At least as far as Pre-Hospital is concerned, N95s are recommended with no further mentioning of N99 or anything like that. Of course gloves, gowns, and eye protection are included for PPE.

Not sure what the deal is regarding inadequacy of N95 masks? Got a link from the CDC that states N95 are no longer Rec?
                            CDC also states the the infected stay in Negative pressure rooms, not to many of those at any hospital.

I want a space suit!

Sarcoma
                            Sarcoma.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcoma View Post
                              CDC also states the the infected stay in Negative pressure rooms, not to many of those at any hospital.

I want a space suit!

Sarcoma
                              My mom was in one of those a couple weeks ago. She had 3 pints of fluid taken out of a lung, and another quart on Monday of this week. They've ruled out cancer and TB (which is why she was in isolation), fortunately, but still aren't sure what's irritating the lung.
                              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X