Denver Area Locals - Read.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver Area Locals - Read.

Right, so I just got my currency back in the 172SP, I'm bored, Need to do flying, and want to chill with some TG members if anyone is up for it.

Planning on going to Colorado springs probably getting lunch/dinner and then flying back up.

Anyone down?, i figure I have to gain chat on Women, Video games, I have someone to help me spot large thin objects like Radio towers. and a nice lunch/dinner.

probably leave the Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport in Broomfield, sometime mid june. :)

Re: Denver Area Locals - Read.

P.S.

I have 4 seats and the airplane is weight limited to about 700 Pounds of people and what have you. the 172SP is a Beaner pack of an airplane.

Comment

Come to Chi town, we should have a Decathlon by then...

|
      |

Comment

Originally posted by A_Grounded_Pilot View Post
        Come to Chi town, we should have a Decathlon by then...
        dude, if I could afford to fly myself to Chicago I definitely would, beyond my price range though.......

I spend 125 USD an hour to rent a 180HP 4 banger 172, with a pretty nice Bendix/King GPS, and a standard Six Pack avionics setup

:row__682:

im looking to rack no more than about 2.5 Hours on the Hobbs. "max"

flying out to Chicago would be 5~ hours each way.

Comment

$125 for a C172 in nice shape is about market rate. We get $119 for our older (2001) 172 with a BK stack and KLN89B and something like $140 for an '05 C172 in mint condition with 200 hrs on the hobbs and a G1000 in it.

Flying is expensive. Just wait until you get your multi

What you should do is find a destination and take 2 buddies with (go fishing for the day or whatever). Ask the FBO not to top it off before your flight and take what you need plus an hour or so of fuel. No need to cut it really close. Then make your buddies pay their pro rata share. I've found that people are pretty willing to share the expense when they see how much you are paying to take them for a joy ride. Now you're paying like $42 an hour to build flight time and your buddies get to brag that they flew to some back country strip for some sweet fly fishing :D

|
          |

Comment

Originally posted by A_Grounded_Pilot View Post
            $125 for a C172 in nice shape is about market rate. We get $119 for our older (2001) 172 with a BK stack and KLN89B and something like $140 for an '05 C172 in mint condition with 200 hrs on the hobbs and a G1000 in it.

Flying is expensive. Just wait until you get your multi

What you should do is find a destination and take 2 buddies with (go fishing for the day or whatever). Ask the FBO not to top it off before your flight and take what you need plus an hour or so of fuel. No need to cut it really close. Then make your buddies pay their pro rata share. I've found that people are pretty willing to share the expense when they see how much you are paying to take them for a joy ride. Now you're paying like $42 an hour to build flight time and your buddies get to brag that they flew to some back country strip for some sweet fly fishing :D
            hahah yeah, no worries about topping it off though

the 125 an hour is for a 2005 172 with about 1800 hours on the Hobbs

that's a wet rate.....

Any Oil, or Fuel Purchased I get entirely re-imbursed for. as far as people paying their share, yeah. likely are :). Fishing trip might be a good idea sometime in the future hahah. have to find a lake worth the while to fly though, Colorado has lots of lakes and fish. to get my friends to take that bate would probably mean Some sort of exotic lake.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X