Hey I need help purchasing a microphone for teamspeak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey I need help purchasing a microphone for teamspeak

Just send me anything that will help me out...sites, places you bought yours...just anything.

tnx
    fit

Re: Hey I need help purchasing a microphone for teamspeak

Fit, I've moved this to our General Discussion, where you'll get more help.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I use these at work. Cheap with damn good quality.
      I've used this before as well.

I've actually had much more luck with these cheap sets than the more expensive ones. NOTE: I'm not suggesting you buy from the listed site, only that it has a pretty well laid out details page. Get the model numbers and order from anywhere you want.

Comment

gamecom 1

i use the gamecom 1, but im upgrading to the pro 1 soon, these are the best headphones and mic set i have ever had, and i have had a few, i understand that you might not want headphones, i didnt, however, these things are sooo crisp clear directional sound for game play is second to none.... these were designed for gamming specifically, and the mic is great also, crisp sound for online communication..

i recommend them to anyone... plantronics.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

$15 at walmart gets a good mic

well $15 gets pretty much a good anything at walmart

Comment

Sadly, $15 won't buy you good customer service at Wal-Mart.[/hijack]

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Yeah thanks for everything...ill see you all on NS. Im going to go with the plantronics because thats what my X-box Live headset is...if anyone disagrees do say something

Comment

are you looking for JUST the mic? if so, i cant help you

if you are looking for a decent pair of headphones and a mic, i use these:
                http://www.electronicsoutfitter.com/...ms/ahs-302.jpg
                target: 25 bucks
                altec lansing is a reputable name as well...or you could go to Best Buy for more upgraded versions...

the only downside is that my pair is fold up and there-fore kinda fragile (my wife already broke a pair ...but the pair BEFORE that lasted for about 4 years)

Frankly, i wouldnt go for a 1-ear set...stereo is very much a neccesity...

Comment

I use a pair of altec lansing something or others that I can't even find a picture of ;)
                  Got'em for $12 at my college comp shop, work great.
                  a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                  Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                  Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                  Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                  Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

GAAAAH!
                    Dont mean to be a nuisance but this is frustrating. Im trying to go with the plantronics but I cant find any place where they sell them. Send me a place like radio shack or best buy etc. just any retail place. tnx again
                    fit
                    Last edited by Fit; 03-29-2005, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Plantronics is a staple in the telco world. They make good mics for the price. Sennheiser makes products of incredible quality, but you pay a lot more.

Plantronics PC-60

Plantronics PC-90

I returned the 90 for the 60. The 90's drivers sounded better, but the mic boom is barely adjustable, and the earphones got uncomfortable after a bit. The picture is a bit misleading; your ear will NOT fit inside the 90's phone. The 60 still sounds fairly good, the mic boom swivels and extends all over the place, and I'm told that the mic sounds good (subject to voice codec slaughtering of course).

AFAIK, the xbox live headset is the PC-60 guts with a new shell.
                      "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

I got my headset from Officemax. It's a very basic headset (brand is CyberAcousitcs) with a boom mic attached. After tax and such I think it was about $20.

Comment

I use a Plantronics set with earbuds and a mic on the wire.

I was nothing but scepticism when I bought them and have been pleasantly surprised by their wonderful performance. Others express great satisfaction with the quality of my voice.

Before using the headset, I would have laughed off a recommendation toward earbuds and a mic on the wire, but I must now recommend that somoene not rule out this seemingly bad choice.

Comment

Sennheiser 150 for teh win.
                            USAR

Comment

I've really enjoyed my Koss RL-50(?) headset and now my Plantronics DSP-500 headset. The Koss has superior speakers, but the convenience of the USB headset (along with decent speakers and an excellent mic) forces me to give the Plantronics the edge.

I really think you get what you pay for when it comes to headphones, though. A mic is a mic, pretty much, but speakers cost money.
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X