• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [email protected] Unite: Boycott for a Week

Thought this was interesting...

For those of you who download person to person files:
    http://www.p2punite.net/index.php

Read it and post what you think...interesting to say the least.

Re: [email protected] Unite: Boycott for a Week

If the campaign was made public enough to garner proper support, and people would stick to it, and people would not spend that week, "pirating everything they could get" (like the article said), then it might make a bit of an impression.

Comment

I am most definately in..... I have completely stopped purchasing anything that I cannot completely evaluate first. All of the software I purchase is a demo or trial. If I dont like it, its gone.... Adobe, Macromedia, Ahead, VMware, AVG, etc will get my money every time.

movies - I wait till they are on the pay channels and audio - I do not purchase (or DL, just in case anyone wondered.)
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

They have only had 78,000 hits. They are gonna need about 100 times that to have any noticable effect. They also need to structure the information on the homepage in the "pyramid" style like a newspaper report, so that the many people who get bored reading before the end still get the take-home message about the boycot. Put all that argument at the end.

I do appload their effort, but well intentioned ideas for mass movements are a dime a dozen and very hard to get off the ground.
        Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

I suggest if you support this you stick a link in your sig, AIM profiles, whatever you can do to spread the word.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X