Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Leno retires from Tonight

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...1.2c2fcad.html

I always liked Jay, and think he's done a great job with Johnny's legacy. It will be interesting to see how Conan O'Brien handles the desk.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Jay Leno retires from Tonight

I like Jay and I like Conan... I'll be honest thought it is going to take a year or two before things start to fall into place. I remember it took about that long for everyone to accept Jay once he took over for Jonny.

~ Draken

Comment

Now that he'll be retired, maybe Jay will have some time to give me a tour of his garage! He's my favorite gearhead.
      "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
        Now that he'll be retired, maybe Jay will have some time to give me a tour of his garage! He's my favorite gearhead.
        He can't stand being idle. So you'd have to make it look like work for him. ;)
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

He's still going to have a show at 10 est. NBC didn't want him to jump ship and compete with Conan. Here's an amazing article about Conan's transition:
          http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/24/ma...l?pagewanted=1

I grew up watching Leno and he's what made me discover Conan, who is hands down my favorite. I hope Conan does well, but he may be too zany for a lot of people.

Comment

He still plans on doing stand up comedy, which is how he has always earned his money. Apparently he has saved every penny he earned from doing the tonight show and has lived entirely off the money he has made doing stand up.

Comment

Very smart and talented guy, Leno is. I always thought Conan was funnier. Although he is zany and may in fact be too much for the older audiences of Leno's show.. I think Conan brings a good show for the upcoming generations and people in their mid-20's / 30's, etc.
              |TG-Irr| JWG

Battlefield 2 - Project Reality

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...