Scottrade, Ameritrade, E-Trade or...?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottrade, Ameritrade, E-Trade or...?

I'm transferring my Roth IRA out of Schwab to a more nimble brokerage that doesn't charge so much per trade. After starting an account online at Scotttrade, I was pleased to get a phone call from a broker the same day, which was great. They said they would pay half of my account transfer fee that Schwab will inevitably charge, which I thought was not bad, but maybe I could find better. I will also be opening a small daytrading account to play around with, with a minimum starting capital of around $500.

I'll be doing my own trading, and I need an online interface that is intuitive, gives me the info I want and is easy on the eyes.

I went to E-Trade and looked at their graphing and stat-tracking apps and options and really liked what I saw. Scottrade on the other hand is less intuitive--I haven't figured out how to even get what I have on my Yahoo financial page.

I'd like to hear from anyone who uses online trading brokerages, with experiences, recommendations, etc. before I make my final decision.

Thanks!
    sigpic

Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"

"

| | | | |

Re: Scottrade, Ameritrade, E-Trade or...?

I'm curious about this as well. Perhaps someone could get some sort of "tutorial" about this going?

Comment

I use Ameritrade. There are some nice tools to use, but I don't really find myself using them much. I use other sites for research. I'm happy with it, but I may switch to Scottrade because commissions are cheaper, $7/trade versus $10/trade with Ameritrade. E*trade is the most expensive at $13/trade.

It's hard to day trade with so little starting capital because the commissions fees wipe out most of the profit you make.

Anything you want to know in particular about my experience with Ameritrade?

Comment

Thanks Sord--got a nice booklet in the mail the next day showing me how to get all the fancy analysis tools going...they got it going on. I'm sticking with Scotty.
        sigpic

Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"

"

| | | | |

Comment

Do you two have financial consultants? Do you do the market research by yourself? Have you made a profit that more than pays back the time you've spent using whichever service you're using?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X