Up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up

Has anyone here seen it? I hear it's very good, and it certainly looks it. I'm hoping to go and see it next weekend and was wondering; what do people at TG think of it? Is it worth seeing in 3D or on a normal screen? Is it better than Wall.E? etc.
    Thanks in advance.
    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
    Irregular since 2007.

Re: Up

I heard that it is vital to see it in 3D and that it could be a contender for Best Picture. I'll be seeing it in three weeks.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

What is it?
      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
        What is it?
        New Pixar movie. They are the best. Another Pixar movie reviewed very well.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/up/n...winning_streak

Cars is their lowest rated movie to date, and I agree, it's been my least favorite of the bunch.

Toy Story 3 in 2010!
        http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435761/
        Last edited by UnDeaD; 05-30-2009, 03:58 PM.

Comment

I saw it last night. I recommend it.

The best part, for me, was the 3D. I guess that doesn't speak well for the content of the movie.

There's two undercurrent themes to know about, depending on which young folks (or older sensitive folks) you're taking along: divorce and "Dad's not around". Also, there's a dark, subtle moment that has the "bad guy" talking about innocent folks he's killed for seeking one of his prized possessions.

Frankly, the odds that the viewer will be old enough to pick up on the "dark" stuff and young enough to be threatened by it are slim, I'd say (I imagine Pixar has a team that determines that sort of thing -- haha).

Favorite character? Doug. By a mile.

I enjoyed the movie, but I tend to set the bar pretty low. I measure success by a movie's ability to make me entirely forget real life for 2 hours (I have no idea what the runtime of this thing is, actually), and this movie succeeded brilliantly.

Also, I recommend the Frozen Coke they serve at my theater. It is choice.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I'm going to see it tonight!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

I'd enjoyed Pixar films up to Cars, but I couldn't stomach watching Cars past the first 15 minutes. I have Wall-E set to record on my TiVo this week, finally.

I loved to watch Pixar shorts back before they hit it big, when I'd see them at computer shows that were showing a reel of shorts from SigGraph. This was back when GPU's filled a rack and only universities could afford them.
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Wall-E is one of my favs. Although, I think the movie could of just ran without the human interaction entirely.

Comment

Oh, this movie is great. This is the best Disney flick since The Lion King, easy. Best Picture? I'm not so sure. It's got everything, but I think it might lack just a little bit of depth...
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

I saw it last night. A great Disney movie and it had some great symbolism! :D

Doug = Definitely best character!

Comment

The more I think about this movie, the more depth I find that it actually has. Truly a great film.

Squirrel!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Just got home from it. A GREAT movie! I didn't find it as good as Finding Nemo or Wall-E, but it was still amazing and worth every penny. BTW, gents, it makes for a great date movie! Worked for me tonight! ;)
                        "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Hmmm. I just found out that this film doesn't come out in the UK until October 16th (!!!), so I won't be seeing this for a while.
                          |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                          Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Can't wait - Pixar can do no wrong. Will be at a theater this weekend. Didn't want to go opening weekend due to the crowds.
                            |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                            "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
                            - Check me out on The Onion
                            - I'm on the local news!

Comment

We saw it over the weekend, I'm not sure if it's cause I'm colorblind, but I found the 3D distracting making me miss some quick jokes. I'd like to see it again without the 3D part and see if I like it better.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X