Your favorite game of all time?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite game of all time?

Just out of pure interest, what is your favorite game?

For me, It would have to be X-Com Enemy Unknown. (X-Com UFO Defense for Americans)

|TG-Irr|JamesTerror

Re: Your favorite game of all time?

Originally posted by JamesTerror View Post
    Just out of pure interest, what is your favorite game?

For me, It would have to be X-Com Enemy Unknown. (X-Com UFO Defense for Americans)
    Probably a tie between Zelda: Ocarina of time, Armed Assault, or Open Falcon.

First one is the best Role playing story ever, beats Gordon Freeman's story by miles. Armed Assault and Open Falcon for their Purist to realism style.

Comment

Hands Down...Final Fantasy 1. I remember staying up all night playing that game!
      "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

ArmA: Armed Assault. It is the pursuit of a game I have wanted to play since I first picked up a controller. The chase for realism that no other game to date has come close to. Also, I would rate PR up there, 0.5 in particular, not for the greatness of the game necessarily although it is a great game in its own right, but because of the teamwork it can inspire. Also, Empire Total War is up there, especially recently due to a few of us TG guys rocking in MP, and with the new Campaign multiplayer coming soon....sweet!

Comment

I'd have to say Tie Fighter or Day of the Tentacle. Maybe Mechwar (Dos) or Mechwarrior 4 in the running as well.
          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

#1: The Cave Adventure...a text game that came out before the PC's went main stream. I spent many a lunch hour playing this game.

#2: I would have to say the CIV series.

#3: Age of Empires...my first multiplayer game.

#4: FryCry: my first fps...led me to COD to here at TG
            The Old Guy
            kin3
            sigpic

Comment

I have only been gaming online for about 8 years but I have to say the game that hooked me for the first time was Unreal Tournament Championship. Normally, I stick with it for a very long time but moved on to EVE...loved it. I got board after a long time of being with the Roving Guns but discovered Battlefield 1942 and it was over. I have played the entire series and love this game. Nothing at the moment can compare. So after all that has been said...I guess my favorite all time game is the Battlefield series. :icon16:
              |TG-8th| LATINA

[conduct][medic]

:icon14: :icon1: :icon_bigg

Comment

Fallout. Nothing comes close to this RPG. Sorry FF fans, Fallout with it's gritty atmosphere and and superb writing is leagues above anything else.
                Last edited by Spyder228; 06-04-2009, 11:16 AM.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Battlefield 2142, and in a close second, GunZ: The Duel.
                  It's Gaming
                  Proud to have been a member of the 55th Infantry Division!

Comment

This is quite hard, so I've done catagories:

Fav FPS Single Player: COD4
                    Fav FPS Multi-player: BF2 + PR mod
                    Fav RPG: Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion
                    Fav RTS: Tie between Company Of Heroes and Sim City4
                    Fav Online flash game: Warefare 1917 http://armorgames.com/play/2267/warfare-1917

Comment

Wasteland. On my Commodore 64.

I spent hours playing an replaying that game (and cursing my 1541 shoebox drive). It was developed by Interplay... who has said that Fallout is the 'spiritual successor' to Wasteland. There is an NPC in Fallout 2 that frequently recites combat messages from the original Wasteland.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Civilization.
                        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Shooter games - Mafia and Call of Duty 1 + United Offensive
                          Strategy - Command and Conquer Red Alert 1 + 2 + Yuri's Revenge
                          RPG - Knights of the Old Republic
                          Racing - this funky old game from circa 1995 called Whiplash

Comment

Galactic Civ 2, followed much to my embarrassment EQ1.

Sarcoma
                            Sarcoma.

Comment

combat for the atari was my first love, but dosnt quite have the depth I need today.
                              EMPIRE AT WAR AND COH for rts
                              The Witcher for rpg
                              Battlefield for fps multiplay
                              Fear for singleplay fps
                              StarWars unleashed for action, just cause I'm a starwars geek :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X