If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
ArmA: Armed Assault. It is the pursuit of a game I have wanted to play since I first picked up a controller. The chase for realism that no other game to date has come close to. Also, I would rate PR up there, 0.5 in particular, not for the greatness of the game necessarily although it is a great game in its own right, but because of the teamwork it can inspire. Also, Empire Total War is up there, especially recently due to a few of us TG guys rocking in MP, and with the new Campaign multiplayer coming soon....sweet!
I have only been gaming online for about 8 years but I have to say the game that hooked me for the first time was Unreal Tournament Championship. Normally, I stick with it for a very long time but moved on to EVE...loved it. I got board after a long time of being with the Roving Guns but discovered Battlefield 1942 and it was over. I have played the entire series and love this game. Nothing at the moment can compare. So after all that has been said...I guess my favorite all time game is the Battlefield series. :icon16:
Fav FPS Single Player: COD4
Fav FPS Multi-player: BF2 + PR mod
Fav RPG: Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion
Fav RTS: Tie between Company Of Heroes and Sim City4
Fav Online flash game: Warefare 1917 http://armorgames.com/play/2267/warfare-1917
I spent hours playing an replaying that game (and cursing my 1541 shoebox drive). It was developed by Interplay... who has said that Fallout is the 'spiritual successor' to Wasteland. There is an NPC in Fallout 2 that frequently recites combat messages from the original Wasteland.
"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed
Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
- "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
- "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
- "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
- If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
- "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
- "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife
Shooter games - Mafia and Call of Duty 1 + United Offensive
Strategy - Command and Conquer Red Alert 1 + 2 + Yuri's Revenge
RPG - Knights of the Old Republic
Racing - this funky old game from circa 1995 called Whiplash
combat for the atari was my first love, but dosnt quite have the depth I need today.
EMPIRE AT WAR AND COH for rts
The Witcher for rpg
Battlefield for fps multiplay
Fear for singleplay fps
StarWars unleashed for action, just cause I'm a starwars geek :)