Somebody broke my TG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody broke my TG

Haven't been able to find anything in the last 2 pages in this forum, what's up with my User CP and stuff showing up with the thread on the far right? Hopefully it's a new thing from the admins and not my PC growing a mind of its own. Can't find a way to get rid of it in my Options - please tell me there's a way to get rid of it.
    Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Re: Somebody broke my TG

The forum looks to be undergoing a little revision. No way to change it at the moment.

Comment

I noticed it also and thought it was fairly annoying.

Comment

SMs have been dealing with this for a few days. you'll get used to it just in time for the boss to fix it.

Comment

So will this format stay for non-SMs?

Comment

Possible could. I know I went about a half day without SM about a week ago, couldn't take it any longer. It is a good thing this is a great community because I'm surprised non-SM stick around with all the ads that are spilling onto the pages.

Comment

It only really bugs me at work with my ancient CRT and low res. On my 22in widescreen at home I didn't even notice it.

I'd totally do SM if I actually played MP nowadays. Usually I stick to the SP thing. Maybe once the new milsims come out.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

The right bar will be something that can be disabled if you choose, but I've still got some issues getting that to operate the way I want it to.

As far as the ads go, the economy is certainly taking its toll on TG and with several new games coming out that we want to support, this is a way to allow us to roll out new servers with declining SM support.

I've been pondering setting up an ad-free subscription to give a far cheaper tier of subscription membership that gets rid of all the ads. As far as getting a totally free ride for non-SMs and non-registered users; you're not likely going to see that happen anytime soon.
                Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Do the ads produce revenue on click thru or just on views? Just curious if I should click them or not.

Comment

Originally posted by machowner View Post
                    It is a good thing this is a great community because I'm surprised non-SM stick around with all the ads that are spilling onto the pages.
                    True, although it doesn't bother me that much, I've got a high end monitor and decent broadband speed so I don't notice it that much. The plus sides of TG far out weigh the cons such as ads. Most mid size forums have ads anyway. It's not perfect but I'll put up with it to keep TG's future safe. :row__582:

Well untill I get an SM that is.:icon20:

Comment

The ads I have no problem with, hell I even got a few tips on helping my 6-pack along ;), plus I actually feel like I'm somewhat contributing even though I don't have an SM-ship by producing non-SM traffic to the site. It's just the side window which makes the whole thread much narrower (Especially since my screen isn't massive either, it's like 17-19 inches) and is pretty annoying. As long as it's not permanent it's fine for me personally.

P.S. Are the messed up PMs a lost cause? I've still kept mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder228 View Post
                        Do the ads produce revenue on click thru or just on views? Just curious if I should click them or not.
                        The Google ads in the 468x60 are pay-per-click (PPC), the rest of them are all pay-per-impression (PPI).
                        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

My impulsiveness kicked in and I went for an SM. No more ads for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder228 View Post
                            My impulsiveness kicked in and I went for an SM. No more ads for me!
                            Lol high five! I wish I was that impulsive. :row__523:

Comment

Thank goodness...the ads don't bother me. I don't even pay them any attention. What ever helps the community...I'm all for it. :D
                              |TG-8th| LATINA

[conduct][medic]

:icon14: :icon1: :icon_bigg

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse