Are you ready???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you ready???

Hey guys...it' about 13 hours away from another mark in history. The Digital TV is here. NO more analog TV nationwide. Are you guys ready? Call your grandmothers/parents....I already did :D

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009...witchover.html
    |TG-8th| LATINA

[conduct][medic]

:icon14: :icon1: :icon_bigg

Re: Are you ready???

Luckily for the grandparents, we did this whole thing back before the February date. It gets a MUCH better picture than they had before anyway so they were glad for it.
    "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
    -- Red Forman

Comment

Oh I miss the good ole days of 3 channels a turn dial and antennas with my atari 2600 for company when nothing was on. lol not really.

Comment

We still have a TV with a turn Dial that controlled the volume as well as on or off. The thing needs to actually warm up when turned on or else you can't read anything.
        |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

My friend's TV at camp doesn't work because of it.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Aww that sucks. I'm sure he'll get it fixed now that he doesn't have a choice. :)
            |TG-8th| LATINA

[conduct][medic]

Comment

Any idea if there's a site for coupons for your better half? :p

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

Originally posted by Extinct View Post
                Any idea if there's a site for coupons for your better half? :p
                They did a switch where you live as well?

Comment

Not sure but you should google it. :)
                  |TG-8th| LATINA

[conduct][medic]

Comment

I think television is out of control, without television waves how will we get the related cancers?

Comment

I got ready for it years ago.

www.hulu.com

Comment

I'm only 22, but I keep thinking that we've created a whole set of circumstances where in the future our kids will hear a joke about the snowy screen or fuzz and as we laugh, they must question what it is we are laughing about. Kind of like how my parents tell stories of how they remember having an outhouse or their first microwave that cost $300 or color television being a big deal.

Comment

Yeah I hear you Capt. Splendid....I remember our first VCR that cost $900.00. Insane. Can't wait to see what the future holds. :D
                          |TG-8th| LATINA

[conduct][medic]

Comment

In an episode of the original Munsters (black and white, I think), Grandpa says that back in his day, they had gas TV.

When I was a kid, we "moved up" in class by getting a color TV, something that only relatively well-to-do people could afford. So when I see people complain about being poor and having a color TV, I just can't sympathize. I was poorer, and I thought I was pretty well off at the time.
                            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

:)

I always get a chuckle driving by all the mom'n'pop motels where the sign still has "color TV" in neon ... right under the "no vacancy" sign :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X