Past, Present, Future Military TG Members

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Past, Present, Future Military TG Members

Hey, I just thought it'd be interesting to see who all at Tactical Gamer served, is serving, or is about to serve for their countries military. Please let us know, and thank you for your service in advance.

-Country
    -Branch
    -MOS/Job
    -Service Time

I'll start it out..

-United States of America (USA)
    -United States Marine Corps
    -Not set in stone (Combat Engineer)
    -Ship to Parris Island (bootcamp) June 1st, 2010.

*NOT A MARINE YET. Still just a "poolee." Enlisted, but haven't earned the title of Marine yet at Parris Island. Can't wait.
    |TG-Irr| JWG

Battlefield 2 - Project Reality

Re: Past, Present, Future Military TG Members

Really? lol. Bump.
    |TG-Irr| JWG

Comment

Well, I've been in deep thought on a decision to join or not to join, I went to a navy recruiting office, and while as of right now I'm not elgible *GED Recipient* with some college credits under my belt I would in their eyes be a High school Grad.

the other option, the Army who I suppose is currently recruiting for people who have their GED, I'm somewhat curious yet on edge about, I would be very interested in a job as a 19K: Armor Crewman, possbily an 88K: Watercraft operator. Or with a 2 year degree, going in as a Warrant Officer for a hopeful position as a Pilot of some sort or another.

how do they decide what you can do with the ASVAB? I scored like an average of 70% on the full Practice test, fairly crummy score I think.

+ of the Army is knowing what job you'll have written in stone before signing, I like that idea.

Comment

Well, I'm in the process of working with a Recruiter for the Army now.

For my current situation likely to pass the ASVAB, and file for my Waivers, start going to an "Adult" School to get the last credits for my Diploma, and then enlist as an 11S. Finish the diploma and ship to Basic assuming everything goes smoothly. I'm going to head over and take the official ASVAB Tomorrow at 1PM, My pre-Asvab has me scoring around a 70 though.

Comment

Just a heads up bro. NOTHING is written in stone. The Army won't tell that to you, but you'll be doing what they need. The reason I chose the Marines, among many others; is they are very BLUNT and honest up-front people. Hehe.

Good luck, may I ask why you decided to want to serve?
          |TG-Irr| JWG

Comment

Marine Corps recruiters can be as full of **** as any of the other branches. Get the stuff in writing in your contract before you sign it. If that promise isn't in writing, it means nothing. Literally.

The Army guarantees a few things. Choice of MOS, choice of assignment, volunteer slots for airborne units, enlistment into the X-Ray programs for Ranger units or the Special Forces route if you want that. You'll only get hit with "needs of the Army" if:

1. You didn't choose your first unit of choice.
            2. Your MOS doesn't have a slot at your first unit of choice (don't go Infantry and expect to land a slot at Fort Sam Houston or something).
            3. You fail your Advanced Individual Training (or one of the X-Ray programs I mentioned earlier).

When I went to enlist with the Marines, the recruiter told me that my MOS choice wasn't guaranteed.

Join the branch you want, deal with recruiters as if they are used car salesmen. Good luck.

Comment

Oh, Stickyjeans. Your ASVAB is fed into a boiling cauldron upon which a secret spell is cast upon it which converts the ASVAB into a GT score.

Your GT score basically qualifies you for various jobs in the Army. There's other scores in other categories, but they don't seem to mean too much. Your GT score is the main deal that everyone looks at. Get a 110 or higher and you're good to go for the majority of MOS's in the Army. (At least the cool jobs, like Special Forces, becoming a Warrant Officer and flying helicopters, etc.)

Comment

Gillespie:

I remember reading you were in the service. Which branch? Marines?
                |TG-Irr| JWG

Comment

I'm just a civilian now. I was in the Army.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillespie View Post
                    I'm just a civilian now. I was in the Army.
                    No, you're a veteran. Thank you for your service. Right on.

Stickyjeans.. listen to his advice. It's good stuff. Follow your heart and once you commit to it, do not falter. Keep us up to date on your decision and progress.
                    |TG-Irr| JWG

Comment

Keep us up to date on your decision and progress.
                      That goes for you, too. :)

Comment

Will do. I got little less than a year. Just having fun and enjoying my last year as a civilian for a long time. Poolee functions where we meet and PT and run three times a week during summer. Once a week during school year. Good stuff.
                        |TG-Irr| JWG

Comment

A variation on the question:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/general...d-officer.html
                          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by Gillespie View Post
                            Oh, Stickyjeans. Your ASVAB is fed into a boiling cauldron upon which a secret spell is cast upon it which converts the ASVAB into a GT score.

Your GT score basically qualifies you for various jobs in the Army. There's other scores in other categories, but they don't seem to mean too much. Your GT score is the main deal that everyone looks at. Get a 110 or higher and you're good to go for the majority of MOS's in the Army. (At least the cool jobs, like Special Forces, becoming a Warrant Officer and flying helicopters, etc.)
                            I shouldn't have much an issue on a GT 110 :).

Math Reasoning and language skills are strong points.

Comment

I have been planning on entering the military for a while now, currently though, I am just going to do some classes at my local VoTech. I need to get at least some type of skill that could be useful for when I enlist.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X