Glock 23

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock 23

I'm thinking of buying a coworkers Glock 23 for $375. It is 1 year old and 1 owner. I'm a first time gun buyer, so I was wondering if we had any gun savvy people in TG who could let me know if that's a fair price. Thanks!
    sigpic
    I'm Back.

Re: Glock 23

Took a 15-20 minute Google adventure and read up on the gun prices and reviews/comments by gun users for the Glock 23. Heard alot of good things about it, some middle of the line things; but nothing incredibly negative at all.

As for $375. From the prices I've seen just looking real quick, the majority are going for high $400's and up to $600 price range area. Not too bad then I'd say. Interested to see what others say about it.
    |TG-Irr| JWG

Battlefield 2 - Project Reality

Comment

Originally posted by Bandaid View Post
      I'm thinking of buying a coworkers Glock 23 for $375. It is 1 year old and 1 owner. I'm a first time gun buyer, so I was wondering if we had any gun savvy people in TG who could let me know if that's a fair price. Thanks!
      Personally, I prefer to shoot a gun that's a not a polymer handle gun. My first carry weapon was a S&W M&P .40 in retrospect I'd have been a lot happier with a 1911 colt 45 replica or even a Beretta M9 for that matter even though I'm not a big fan of a 9mm for a carry weapon. (There are several issues with using a 1911 or a M9 as a carry gun such as capacity and stopping power that you should consider if you ever choose to go that route)

Honestly though the .40 S&W, 10MM, and .45 ACP are the sweet spots for stopping power. There are a few other rounds that are comparable too but you can't go wrong with the .40 s&w round in my opinion.

The price looks good too, it seems like he's giving you an ok deal on it. You really can't wear out the barrel on a handgun(you can but we're talking 1000's of rounds).

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandaid View Post
        If there's nothing wrong with it, that sounds like a decent price. Check out www.GunBroker.com to verify. Consider meeting at a range that has a gunsmith that can check it out if you have any doubts.

Do you like the Glock? Many people, myself included, do not like the way it feels in the hand. If it feels good in your hands, consider that it's VERY reliable and rugged. One of the most reliable guns that you're ever going to pull straight out of the box.

While you're at the range, get some basic cleaning equipment and ask someone how to clean it properly. Don't let anyone tell you that it doesn't need to be cleaned. The barrel doesn't need to be scrubbed, but the moving parts have to continue to be able to move! Buy an expensive box of self defense ammo. And a hundred times as much practice ammo.

Aww, heck, I give up. Read this: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/general...tml#post633636
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
          If there's nothing wrong with it, that sounds like a decent price. Check out www.GunBroker.com to verify. Consider meeting at a range that has a gunsmith that can check it out if you have any doubts.

Do you like the Glock? Many people, myself included, do not like the way it feels in the hand. If it feels good in your hands, consider that it's VERY reliable and rugged. One of the most reliable guns that you're ever going to pull straight out of the box.

While you're at the range, get some basic cleaning equipment and ask someone how to clean it properly. Don't let anyone tell you that it doesn't need to be cleaned. The barrel doesn't need to be scrubbed, but the moving parts have to continue to be able to move! Buy an expensive box of self defense ammo. And a hundred times as much practice ammo.

Aww, heck, I give up. Read this: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/general...tml#post633636
          Yes, even though this is my first handgun to own, I have always liked the Glock. I've shot a couple before and I do like the grip. I have small hands, maybe that's the reason, I don't know. It is comfortable, small, and it is in fantastic shape. The guy is a real good friend of mine. He's a gun collector and wasn't really looking to sell this one until he heard I was looking for one. I will be taking it to our pistol range next week to try it out. Thanks for all the input. If everything goes well next week at the range, then I'm probably gonna get it off of him. Like I said, it is 1 year old and he said he's fired it just a handful of times. Hopefully, things will work out.
          sigpic
          I'm Back.

Comment

Hey, let us know if you ever decided to pick that thing up and how you like it so far.

Comment

Oh yes, sorry. I got it.
              It is great! I've went to the range once to get used to it and I really did enjoy it. Fits my hand great. Very proud to be a gun owner now. Still looking for the right holster as I am a very small dude (130lbs soaking wet with boots on, 5"6').
              My wife is going to be learning how to use it starting next weekend so I'm looking forward to that. Eventually, I would like to add a Glock 27 to the mix. But anyway, overall, I love the gun. No marks or anything that would make you think it is used. It is in pristine condition. Oh yea, and I hit the bullseye a couple times! ;)
              I bought some self defense rounds that were ridiculously expensive, but I guess they are worth it :)

You can't tell from this picture, but it has the accessories rail under the barrel. So that's a good thing too.
              sigpic
              I'm Back.

Comment

I own a glock 22c which is a .40 cal. hand gun and is the larger version which fits my hand seeing that I'm 6'6'' tall and weigh about 260 lbs. The "c" means it's compensated with air holes at the top of the barrell near the end so it doesn't kick as much as the normal .40 cal. Anyway Glocks are very good guns. I traded a used walther p38 my dad gave me for this brand new glock at a gun show. The walther was worth a bit more money though I really wanted a glock.

My cousin is a DPS officer and carries a glock.... I have several friends who are police officers here in Grand Prairie and they carry the same.

$375 might be the upper end of the price but not too bad. Mine was around $450 new I believe but as I said I made a trade.
                "The mind stretched to a new concept can never return to it's orginal dimension."
                "What the mind can conceive and believe..... it can achieve."

The Mediator

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...