Oh no: I'm switching to Comcast

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh no: I'm switching to Comcast

Well, it looks like I'm gonna have to settle for Comcast when I move to Shreveport, Louisiana.

Who has Comcast and what can you warn me about?

Comcast is one of the lowest rated on customer satisfaction. One of the companies pushing a bandwitdth cap... etc.

the other option is verizon
    Skud

Re: Oh no: I'm switching to Comcast

Horrible customer service, ridiculous prices, shoddy install work and second rate hardware.

Comment

Yup.
      |TG|Ghost02
      TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

While it's true that their customer service is complete garbage, my internet connection is pretty damn fast, especially compared to my old DSL line. We will be switching soon though, the prices are ridiculous...

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

DSL was a nightmare. Switched to cable and no problems. Don't know about their costumer service because I've never had to use it.

Comment

All of the above. I had my service through Cox when I lived in the Phoenix area. It was faster, it cost $25 a month less and it was more reliable that the Comcast service I'm stuck with at my new place. Good luck.
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, it looks like I'd have to pay at least 60 bucks a month - horrible...

Apparently on base they offer me another ISP. I'll investigate the matter further when I get there...

Otherwise, so far, you all have confirmed my suspicions. I read the consumerist blog for a long time, and almost every week they slammed comcast for some horrible consumer atrocity.
              Skud

Comment

I had ComCast before and never had any problems. I think its way better than Cox Communication. That being said, I do like Cox's customer support. I call them at 2 in the morning drunk telling them that they are the cause for my Disconnects from EA servers.
                "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

I've actually had no issues with Comcast in MD. I have fast internet and my family and I have never hit the bandwidth cap. I've had issues with them repairing cables in my area and me having to call about high ping.

Other then the fact that they destroyed my driveway a few years ago. Yeah, they were laying cable and refused to acknowledge that they created the damage. They eventually paid to have it replaced. Other then that I've been fine with Comcast internet and digital cable.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                    the other option is verizon
                    I've got coworkers with FIOS and they say it's the bee's knees. I'm waiting for ATT to get their fiber out to my house so that I can tap some of that big interweb tube!
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                      Horrible customer service, ridiculous prices, shoddy install work and second rate hardware.
                      +1 yeah that.. expect to be pissed on the service..
                      If you show your head then your dead....

Comment

I have Comcast. I call them every 6 months and threaten to quit to get on a promotional discount. Otherwise they just keep jacking my rates up for no reason.

Comment

High-bandwidth power users like us are not their target demographic. They're after people who just download, either email or web. Almost all ISPs forbid running any kind of server, and they grit their teeth when presented with P2P, which is really a kind of server.

The only ISP that recognizes sophisticated users and particularly those running servers and Linux has been Speakeasy.
                          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                            I've got coworkers with FIOS and they say it's the bee's knees. I'm waiting for ATT to get their fiber out to my house so that I can tap some of that big interweb tube!
                            I'm waiting for Uverse as well.

Comment

FIOS is interesting, and I will certainly investigate it further... Verizon, while I dislike them, seem to be blazing a good path...
                              Skud

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X