Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mouse & Keyboard on XBox or PlayStation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse & Keyboard on XBox or PlayStation?

I dunno if my google-fu is weak or I am just not technical enough to sift through everything.

Does anyone know definitively if you can use a mouse and keyboard on either an Xbox360 or a PlayStation 3?

If so...is it official?

Unofficial but stable?

A total hack?

Guaranteed Punkbuster kick (do they even have PB)?

Thanks!

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/58Congo/

Re: Mouse & Keyboard on XBox or PlayStation?

I assume your use is for gaming? If so, the 360 requires a third-party adapter (like the XFPS), but it's not official and most games don't work well (if at all) with it.

A version of the XFPS adapter can also be found for the PS3, though I wouldn't recommend it. The PS3 supports any wired or wireless USB mouse and keyboard for use in the XMB, but not in-game. One exception I know of is Unreal Tournament 3, where you can actually play with any mouse or keyboard. However, your best bet is the Splitfish FragFX (which works with every PS3 title I've tried). I've come to realise that there are certain games where the Dualshock 3 is just plain better to play with though.
    “The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane”.

Comment

Re: Mouse & Keyboard on XBox or PlayStation?

I looked everywhere for that Splitfish FragFX, but no stores seem to sell it anymore. The controller is what keeps me from playing console shooters more. I <3 mouse/keyboard combo.
      "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Re: Mouse &amp; Keyboard on XBox or PlayStation?

ya when it comes to fps you just dont get the control that comes with a mouse and keyboard using a controller because a little analog stick just doesnt cut it when you're trying to get your crosshair on something the size of a pin.

I'll admit though that controllers are better for things like racing games because its a lot easier to make a slight turn vs a sharp turn where as on a keyboard that consists of how long you hold the turn button which is a lot more difficult.
        |TCO| Wind

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
          I looked everywhere for that Splitfish FragFX, but no stores seem to sell it anymore. The controller is what keeps me from playing console shooters more. I <3 mouse/keyboard combo.
          why don't you just order it from amazon, gogamer, or newegg?

Comment

Originally posted by machowner View Post
            why don't you just order it from amazon, gogamer, or newegg?
            Oh snap! They finally have them! They didn't used to. Thanks for reminding me about Amazon. Last year, you could only get used ones for exorbitant prices.
            "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Make sure they're not selling you v1.0 of the FragFX for the price of the v2.0 though. ;)
              “The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane”.

Comment

Eh, I don't mind playing FPSes with a controller on the console. I still much prefer the mouse-and-keyboard route, since the true FPS home is on the PC, but most console games are designed for the rather "inaccurate" controller movement, and has some sort of compensation method for it.

Plus, that's where BF 1943 is right now, so I guess I kinda have to.
                "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
                -- Red Forman

Comment

Thanks everyone for the replies and sorry for the delay in my own response.

I think people figured out the question behind the question...I am seriously considering replacing my PC with a console. The only thing holding me back is my love for WASD and a mouse.

The "straws" that broke the camel's back, so to speak, were Crysis, the ports, Battlefield 1943, and the cost.

I believed the hype and spent major $$$ building a rig for Crysis and ended up with a fragile, crash-prone mess that could run Crysis at about 12FPS. Somewhere between the quad-core, Nvidia chipset, Vista, SoundMax, and the dual 8800GTXs is a disaster that cannot render a bloom without hard faulting.

Then there's the ports. Is there a PC game nowadays that isn't a console port? I made the mistake of buying Gears for War. A lazy port that does not work on the PC. Neither did GTAIII or GTAIV. Shame on Rockstar for GTAIII shame on me (fooled twice) for buying GTAIV. Even F.E.A.R. 2 is a port! Everything is a console port now.

Then there is Battlefield 1943. BF42 is what brought me into online gaming. Somewhere there is a site that shows me Top 500 in the world for a few months many years ago(BFTracks.net?). BF42 was a watershed for online PC games and now the PC version of BF43 is released months behind the console versions? I feel like I and my PC are on a sinking ship.

Finally there is the cost. Since I pretty much have to build from scratch, I am looking at $2000 to $2500 for a non-SLI (never again!) PC and monitor that can run 1920x1080 at high detail. I can buy a 46" 1080P LCD and either a xBox or a PS3 for the same amount.

If I can find a good WASD solution for either the xBox or the PS3 then I will pull the trigger on buying one (and pull the trigger on my PC).

Thanks for the replies,
                  -Ski

P.S. Probably still won't buy BF43. BF42 came with 5 classes and 12 to 16 maps. BF43 comes with 3 classes and 4 maps--all of which I have seen before.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/58Congo/

Comment

gogamer.com

I tried this device at E3, fantastic... my CoD score almost doubled once i used it on the test PS3... BUT, according to the developer he claims M$ stated that they will never allow a keyboard or mouse to be played on their Xbox 360 console, due to the unfairness it creates... but lets see, M$ see enough $ and i bet they do it. ;)
                    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I own this but it does not work that well for. I'm sticking to PC although I do play xbox 360 now and then. :)

http://gizmodo.com/217332/xcm-brings...ng-to-your-360
                      |TG-8th| LATINA

[conduct][medic]

:icon14: :icon1: :icon_bigg

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed