"index of" downloading

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "index of" downloading

I went to play BF1942 for the first time in a long time tonight. I didn't have the latest version of the Desert Combat. When I asked the TG regulars on TeamSpeak where to get it, they said Fileshack, or some similar such service.

Knowing the headaches of downloading files from file sites (there are 112 people in the queue in front of you), I remembered "index of" downloading.

Somehow, figure out the filename you need (e.g. dc_final_client.exe), then type the filename and "index of" into Google:

dc_final_client.exe "index of"

This returns file directory listings containing the file you need. For game files, it's all to easy to find any file you ever need. It works, though, for just about any file you need that anyone has ever cared enough to host somewhere.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: "index of" downloading

That's really neat, thanks Wyz. Just remember not every .exe on the internet is what it claims to be...
    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Why don't we have these hosted here at TG for members?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I asked the same of Apophis last night, and he said he'd get it done soon.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
          Why don't we have these hosted here at TG for members?
          Actually we just keep them hidden from Wyz. We don't need another n00b on battlefield. :icon19:
          |TG-12th| asch
          sigpic

Comment

Actually, the patches for BF1942 are in the downloads section under "Game Updates / Patches >> Battlefield 1942"

Desert Combat Final is there under "Game Modifications >> Battlefield 1942 >> Desert Combat"

The only one i'm missing is DC 0.7 which I actually removed when I initially put up DC Final because I didn't think it was needed.
            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X