Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Temp admin rights, public pervers, and a hearty thank you.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp admin rights, public pervers, and a hearty thank you.

I'd like to say that tonight was a really great night for me and CS:S. Both servers were full, and server one was entirely filled with people sporting the |TG| tag...and surprisingly enough, I recognized exactly none of them. I need to play more, apparently.

Anyway, I'm writing here instead of in the CS forums because I wanted to give the biggest thanks I could to those responsible for installing temp admin rights for us mice to use when you cats are away, as well as yet another thanks to Apophis for letting me play here for the last...3 years? 4? It's been awhile.

That many people sporting the TG tag means the word is spreading, and I talked to a lot of people over voice comms tonight who really were getting into the play style. ?Between the two servers and 30 people, I only really saw 2 bad apples. One of them just left in a huff after getting talked to, and the other I was forced to @kick after too many rounds of warnings from both teams.

Verdict? The temp admin commands work, we didn't need anyone to come rescue what turned out to be some fantastically fun games (I wish someone had recorded my mad dash from B to A to B in chateau holding nothing but the bomb and a prayer), and I think if the kind of teamwork we saw tonight stays consistant, the servers will be full a lot more often.

I'm rambling now. Thanks again.
    ---
    Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Re: Temp admin rights, public pervers, and a hearty thank you.

A couple of months ago, I said this in the TGCS forum:

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
    I could easily see our CS server being VERY active 24/7 once [when] the temp admin program comes to CSS, as it essentially extends to supporting members basic admin coverage when admins are not available. Imagine an environment where you NEVER have to tolerate the idiots. THAT is what justifies the temp admin program.
    Ever since then, the admins have been trying to figure out a way to make it happen. We just had to wait until we had the right tools, and we appreciate the players' patience as we got it "not quite right" a couple times along the way.

Now, though, it looks like things are finally running very smoothly.

The temp admin rights couldn't come too soon to CSS, and I'm thrilled to finally see them available to the supporting members (and the regulars who benefit from the presense of supporting members) when admins aren't available. It really does change the experience for the playerbase... for the better.

Thank you very much for the recognition. Like any thriving game at TG, there really are several people working very hard to bring such reliable fun to us, and we all like knowing our efforts are appreciated.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Thats ok, I don't know anyone anymore either.....some guy was throwing his admin weight around the other day threatening to start kicking people and I was like "say whaaaat since when did you become an admin?"

First time one of these new guys boots me I can tell you I'm not going to be a happy camper.
      Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
      Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Hey Wyz? What is a public perver?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostintheShell
          Thats ok, I don't know anyone anymore either.....some guy was throwing his admin weight around the other day threatening to start kicking people and I was like "say whaaaat since when did you become an admin?"

First time one of these new guys boots me I can tell you I'm not going to be a happy camper.
          Stating it like it's going to happen?
          As one of the "new guys" I'm sort of offended by this... What happens if an "old guy" boots you?

If anything I'm going to be ultracareful before doing anything other than using words to get somebody in line...

That said.. human nature at play here will mean that somebody gets the boot in an arguable way.

Comment

Originally posted by luna
            Isn't that a guy that sits high up in the tree at the park with binoculars and watches the kids on the swings?
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by luna

I think i was arrested for that once....

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                Isn't that a guy that sits high up in the tree at the park with binoculars and watches the kids on the swings?

oh yeah i was deffinatly arrested for that.... :icon25:

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

I personally witnessed your "Mad Dash" through the chateau last night...it was a sight to behold! I was in spectator and had trouble following you....well played!
                  Dirt013

Comment

Maybe I didn't state that last post the best way.

If an "old guy" @kicks me, I'll probably have to rethink what I was doing, because I more than likely deserved it. I can probably count on both hands the number of guys that if they kicked me I'd be so freaked out I'd have to seriously consider if I was doing something way out of bounds. This would include our current admin's who's opinions I hold in high regard after playing so many rounds with them, although I may want to clarify what I was doing in private with them to see if we both are in agreement or not about what happened.

If one of the "new guys" @kicks me for non-pcs play I'm probably going to not be pleased because I'm being honest when I say that the bottom line is I don't respect their opinion about "PCS" play. This would include just about everyone who's names I've never heard of that are playing with us now. To me its like a pubbie coming in and kicking me.

BTW Dog, I think you and a fair lot of others qualify as neither an old guy or a new guy. You're a new guy in terms of not being here since whenever I started playing here but I think I know you well enough from playing to respect your opinion. It all comes down to respecting others opinions.
                    Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                    Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

I don't think you have to worry about it, Ghost. Supporting members shouldn't be using those commands unless they spoke up first at gave warnings about a type of behaviour.

And I seriously doubt anyone who is a supporting member is going to be receiving those kinds of warnings anyway.
                      ---
                      Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostintheShell
                        Maybe I didn't state that last post the best way.

If an "old guy" @kicks me, I'll probably have to rethink what I was doing, because I more than likely deserved it. I can probably count on both hands the number of guys that if they kicked me I'd be so freaked out I'd have to seriously consider if I was doing something way out of bounds. This would include our current admin's who's opinions I hold in high regard after playing so many rounds with them, although I may want to clarify what I was doing in private with them to see if we both are in agreement or not about what happened.

If one of the "new guys" @kicks me for non-pcs play I'm probably going to not be pleased because I'm being honest when I say that the bottom line is I don't respect their opinion about "PCS" play. This would include just about everyone who's names I've never heard of that are playing with us now. To me its like a pubbie coming in and kicking me.

BTW Dog, I think you and a fair lot of others qualify as neither an old guy or a new guy. You're a new guy in terms of not being here since whenever I started playing here but I think I know you well enough from playing to respect your opinion. It all comes down to respecting others opinions.
                        roger that... thanks for the clarification.

Comment

I'm not going to name names, and I'm not asking anyone to step forward. This isn't criticism, it's advice.

I just saw console issue this messege :

Originally posted by temp admin
                          I think it would behoove the terrorists to stay inside the mansion
                          When you guys have temp admin available to you, you are the LAW on the server. Make statements using @:say, rather than giving advice. Let players know what is required of them, and leave it at that.

Terrorists - remain inside the mansion unless hostages are mobile

Gives explicitly clear instructions to the T's, whereas the message I just noticed doesn't.

Cheers
                          Root
                          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                            You know, just who exactly has temp admin commands available to them? Supporting members, or a cadre of Root's alcolytes? I say this out of curiousity, but also so that I know who I need to defer to if I get warned.
                            Roots acolytes roflmao :D All supporting members who have their steam ID's in their profile have temp admin, unless a full admin is present.

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                            Ok, it's not likely I'll get warned one way or the other, since I'm very careful about how I play, but if someone has temp admin rights, and I have no clue who they are, I might not give them the same level of respect as Root, Wyzcrak, Cing, and a few others.
                            I'm sure you would give them the same respect, cuz you're a top notch guy and you know how we do things round here ;)

Enforce the law when thats whats required. Use page_admin if it gets too much for you.

I believe you have the following commands available to you :

@say
                            @kick
                            @map

Root
                            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

So much for deleting the post! :icon_razz

I deleted it because I wandered over to the SOP thread just to double check who were full admins...if one of those guys are around, I can't see anyone having an issue with the admining. If you do, you just can't handle PCS.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X