CS:S vs RvS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS:S vs RvS

Please read ALL of this befor you bash me( I see it coming).

I recently bought HL2 and excitedly installed it and jumped on the TG server. The Game Play on the TG server is awsome but the Game it's self is a piss poor copy of RvS. yet the User interface and movement is horrid. There is no lean, weapons perchases are silly. The graphics are fair at best and sighting is some what flawed. Most of the maps I have played are dim lit and visability is wierd. I have seen HE nades go off less than 10ft from a player with no effect.
    Now.........

The saving graces are the built in Coms and the TG servers. The Com quality is not to good but every one is on when they join, which means no begging ppl to join TS. This really helps with game Play. Although comunication between players is often not what it could be it is better than not having them or not being able to get ppl to join. With the TG style of play this game is actually fun. By inforcing the rules of team work and a "No Run and Gun" atmosphere the Bomb and Hostage Rescue formats actually work. I think the lay out of the maps curently run (on tg1-2) have a better layout and the lack of permanent choak points is refreshing.

With RvS the biggest problems are the choak points and the lack of built in coms. It supports the same type of Game play that CS:S does. With onboard coms it would be a much better game I think.

That said, I really enjoy playing it with the TG group. If it were not for the TG gang I would not be happy at all about the price paid for the game. Even with a ton of problems that a million patches can't fix, It is still a lot of fun and well worth playing.

Re: CS:S vs RvS

I absolooootly do not understand how a game publisher would produce a multiplayer game in the 21st century that did not include high-quality voice communications.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
      I absolooootly do not understand how a game publisher would produce a multiplayer game in the 21st century that did not include high-quality voice communications.
      I'll second that. If it can be backported into a game created in 1998, building into a game nowadays should be cake.
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Exactly. I really don't understand why no one has done that for RvS. If it had the coms built in it would be awsome.

Comment

We played RVS here as a tactical game very well and I enjoyed it. But unfortunately it petered out and never got really big. This was in part due to Ubisoft totally screwing it with very poor software quality at the start and many patches that didn't fix everything. In the end the last version was very good and stable, but still no voicecomm's. We used teamspeak and did't care about that but it would have been better built in.

I personally thought it had a lot of potential for this community.
          Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
          Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

wait...so youre saying Counter-Strike is a piss poor copy of Rainbow Six 3? RvS is raven shield right?

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
              that's right, i second wyzcrak.

Comment

Originally posted by section-8
                wait...so youre saying Counter-Strike is a piss poor copy of Rainbow Six 3? RvS is raven shield right?
                I also would like to know what it refers to.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

RVS is Raven Shield.

I didn't say its a "piss poor copy". They are two different products, and CS was out in 1999 when I started playing here beta 5.1, RVS wasn't around then.
                  Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.

Comment

Originally posted by NewsWrthy
                    If it were not for the TG gang I would not be happy at all about the price paid for the game.
                    You paid for Half-Life 2 and got CS:S as a freebie. HL2 is one of the best FPS to have been released.
                    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

meh.

BUY THIS KITCHEN KNIFE SET AND GET THIS FREE OVEN GLOVE!

meh.. You're buying the glove no differently than you're buying the knives.
                      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostintheShell
                        I didn't say its a "piss poor copy". They are two different products, and CS was out in 1999 when I started playing here beta 5.1, RVS wasn't around then.
                        No... That's what NewsWrthy said. RvS is a copy of CS, if anything.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Oh for sure. RVS was a slightly faster version of Rainbow 6. Probably it was entirely intended to compete with CS, as CS was getting old and HL2 was still delayed when RVS was released. We were all waiting to pounce on the next big fps to come out.

Comment

Well, GsTA has an RvS server. as a matter of fact I am doing a rebuild of the install, and adding maps now. I intend to have it up again by 4/16. any one wanting to play feel free to join in. when I get the link to the map pack we will be using I will post it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X