District 9

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• District 9

Have you guys seen this trailer and website? Movie looks awesome and the website is top notch.

http://www.d-9.com/

Re: District 9

Holy Cow!! This does look amazing! Love me some Aliens ;)
    |TG-8th| LATINA

[conduct][medic]

:icon14: :icon1: :icon_bigg

Comment

I saw the preview a months ago and thought it was a complete rip-off of some indie project I saw a few years ago. Turns out its the director of that same indie project taken to hollywood level.

The plot looks pretty interesting, suspense/actiony-ish, but an opening for a comment on how people treat refugees.

Comment

It would be interesting to know how the public would react to having "aliens" captured here on Earth and for some of them to know it's no longer a myth. The feeling of invasion can do crazy things to people. I, personally, am open to the idea of Aliens. :D We (planet Earth) simply can't be the only living beings/planet. I guess that can make for an interesting Sandbox topic, if it hasn't been already done. :D
        |TG-8th| LATINA

[conduct][medic]

:icon14: :icon1: :icon_bigg

Comment

I'm excited after seeing the trailer.

Comment

Very nice.

August 14th... already marked on the calendar.

Comment

Bout time I let you guys know, I am an alien from the system Calgon, I have been sent here to eat cheescake and slim Jims. Soon my people will be here to take all your cheescake and slim Jims away. THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                Bout time I let you guys know, I am an alien from the system Calgon, I have been sent here to eat cheescake and slim Jims. Soon my people will be here to take all your cheescake and slim Jims away. THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!
                ^^^*$ ()(@#* Cheese&&&@ &!!~~# ($^!)) [email protected]& ?*-*?*//
                |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Yeah this trailer has been playing here in theaters for quite a while. I'm hyped each time I see it.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                  The BigC

Comment

I saw the trailer at the wolverine movie. Looks good. BUt I've already seen my one movie in the theatre a year. I guess I'll have to netflix it!
                    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                    " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

I thought it was directed by Peter Jackson? And there are actually 2 trailers out now (new one just last week or so), and it has a lot more action and fighting. I love the part where the guy asks why he doesn't get a bulletproof vest, and the other guy says he doesn't need one, while putting one on himself.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I think Peter Jackson is attached, but from what I understood, the original short fill was Neill Blomkamp's project, and he's still the acting director, according to IMDB.

Comment

Yeah, from the previews it looks like he's serving as Executive Producer. <y guess is that Peter Jackson saw it and asked Blomkamp, "Want do a Hollywood pic?" And yes I know Peter Jackson is a Kiwi and did Dead Alive (Braindead to the non-Yanks), but after Lord of the Rings and King Kong, he's Hollywood. :P

Originally posted by Skylark View Post
                          I saw the trailer at the wolverine movie. Looks good. BUt I've already seen my one movie in the theatre a year. I guess I'll have to netflix it!
                          Ouch Skylark. I can barely go a month without seeing something in the theaters.
                          BF 2142:|TG| Birdman10113
                          CoD4: |TG|Birdman

Let's put the badges here...

Comment

*bump*

Did anyone see it this weekend? If so, how was it?

Comment

I saw it. Although its a lot different from what I expected from the trailer I still really liked it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X