R.I.P. Walter Cronkite.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Walter Cronkite.

One of THE legends of News and News broadcasting.
    He announced the death of President Kennedy and mans landing on the moon.
    Most younger people may not even know about him. Google. You will learn a lot.

The most trusted name in news.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/07/17/wal...ead/index.html

This from a Canadian...
    I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Re: R.I.P. Walter Cronkite.

Wow... One of the 'greats' in the news word. He surely will be missed.

~ Draken

Comment

"If I've lost Cronkite, I've lost Middle America." Lyndon Johnson

Mr. Average Citizen. I don't know him, but I remember something similar to this quote from my history book.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

I've heard the name before and now I know of his legacy, it seems the world will be all the poorer for his passing.
        sigpic

Comment

Representative of a passing era no doubt. In era in which people trusted the newsman to give the the complete an honest truth. He was always one of us. An everyman who touched everyone. I'll never forget watching him announce the death of Kennedy, many years after the fact, in a college journalism class. It has stayed with me to this day. If you haven't seen it, you should.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K8Q3cqGs7I[/media]

RIP Walter. You are a great American.
          sigpic
          |TG-1st|Grunt
          ARMA Admin (retired)
          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZydXmiYCxA[/media]

They don't come like this anymore! :(
            |TG-8th| LATINA

[conduct][medic]

:icon14: :icon1: :icon_bigg

Comment

Yea another good 1 bites the dust, I cant even watch the news anymore, Fox is total BS, CNN is ok, and the rest are all out for there own agendas and points of view, so that leaves me with the daily show as the only thing I can watch that besides making people laugh has no other real agenda, so sad. What happened to all the people who had common since and morals? Somtimes I feel like I dont belong on this planet. All the good people are leaving. :( time for a beer. Hears to you Walter .

Comment

I was a space launch junkie in the late 60's and early 70's, and Cronkite was THE guy to watch. I remember flipping between the 3 channels and skipping the other guys because their coverage was lame. Cronkite was the guy who actually presented the nuts and bolts. Not necessarily highly technical, but much better than the competition.

(Yes, kids, there were only 3 serious channels for the networks. Not even Fox back then. And a tiny handful of local stations with little or no national information. And you had to hold the rabbit ears "just so" to get a watchable picture.)
                Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X