Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

harry potter and the half blood prince (movie)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• harry potter and the half blood prince (movie)

Saw this last week and I really enjoyed it. I think it captured the moods better than any of the others and really made my nerves agitate. I was anxious to find out what's going to happen the entire movie. The cinematography was very good and I think these actors did quite well. Very dramatic and all around very well written.

Probably the best movie for me this year so far.

- -

Re: harry potter and the half blood prince (movie)

It was a pretty good Harry Potter movie. I am still surprised they managed to fit most of the important plot details in less than 3 hours...I liked it :)

Comment

It was better than the previous ones not directed by that guy who directed the first two, whatever his name was again.

Comment

I enjoyed it but I feel like I missed some stuff. I mean it was title "The Half Blood Prince" but that didn't really seem to be the focus of film. Just an afterthought.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

I was pleased with it and even more pleased to find that last book is being filmed as two movies and not crammed into one.

Comment

Even though half the movie wasn't in the book (and vice versa), I enjoyed it. It was much better then 3 and 4 combined.

Comment

It was not fun to watch as a person who has not read the books.

I had to ask the wife the following questions plus more:
              What's up with Dumbledore's dead hand?
              If you can split yourself every time you kill someone couldn't there be 100's of spare Voldemorts?
              Why is the crazy lady attacking the Weasley's home?
              Why does Malfoy not want to kill Dumbledore?
              Who is spying on everyone? (Mr Weasley says that there are people watching them, but doesn't say who)
              What ever happened to the ministry of magic and why aren't they doing anything about the bad guys?

All of these things plus more are just unclear when watching the movie. The pacing was awkward in my opinion and it just didn't feel right compared to the beginning of the series (yeah I know the mood is supposed to be darker) in that things just seem there. Kind of like the 2nd and 3rd Matrix movies, the spirit of the original is gone.

Don't worry, I'll still watch the last two, it is still a better series of movies than most.
              |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Time to show my Nerdom.

What's up with Dumbledore's dead hand? The Horcrux Ring that was in Dumbldore's possession caused that, simply touching or wearing it destroys you.

If you can split yourself every time you kill someone couldn't there be 100's of spare Voldemorts? 2 reasons: A. It's difficult to do it even once, no matter how powerful you are.
                B. Ripping part of yourself and depositing it into an object makes yourself weaker if your still alive, making your original body easier to be overthrown and killed. There can only be one physical being, no matter how many horcruxes, so there can't be 100 Voldemorts.

Why is the crazy lady attacking the Weasley's home? The book tells of a wedding taking place during this time that was left out of the movie. The ultimate goal was to capture members of the Order for interrogation. In the movie it was simply an assassination attempt on Harry

Why does Malfoy not want to kill Dumbledore? There's still some good in the Malfoys, especially in the mother and son. They seem outright evil, the movies make it more so, but the books reveal a more troubled side to the family.

Who is spying on everyone? (Mr Weasley says that there are people watching them, but doesn't say who) Voldemort has spies EVERYWHERE, people have grown paranoid. The rest of the answer is in the next question.

What ever happened to the ministry of magic and why aren't they doing anything about the bad guys? The Ministry was taken over by agents of Voldemort. People of high power were either Death Eaters or being controlled by them with magic. This Ministry also sent spied on surveillance against people like the Weasleys.
                |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir-Nerd View Post
                  Time to show my Nerdom.

What's up with Dumbledore's dead hand? The Horcrux Ring that was in Dumbldore's possession caused that, simply touching or wearing it destroys you.
                  You find this out in the seventh book. I wont spoil any of the details on the ring or why Dumbledore wore it in the first place, cause as I said, it's revealed in the seventh book.

If you can split yourself every time you kill someone couldn't there be 100's of spare Voldemorts? 2 reasons: A. It's difficult to do it even once, no matter how powerful you are.
                  B. Ripping part of yourself and depositing it into an object makes yourself weaker if your still alive, making your original body easier to be overthrown and killed. There can only be one physical being, no matter how many horcruxes, so there can't be 100 Voldemorts.
                  I agree that they didnt explain this quite well enough in the movie. There could be 100 horcruxes. But as nerd said, creating a horcrux breaks the soul into smaller and smaller pieces, each one making it more unstable than the last. However, creating a horcrux isnt just achieved by killing someone. There has to be a murder, followed by the horcrux being created using an incantation. You'll find out exactly how many voldemort made in the seventh book/movie.
                  Why does Malfoy not want to kill Dumbledore? There's still some good in the Malfoys, especially in the mother and son. They seem outright evil, the movies make it more so, but the books reveal a more troubled side to the family.
                  you dont find this out until book 7.
                  What ever happened to the ministry of magic and why aren't they doing anything about the bad guys? The Ministry was taken over by agents of Voldemort. People of high power were either Death Eaters or being controlled by them with magic. This Ministry also sent spied on surveillance against people like the Weasleys.
                  the ministry doesnt get taken over by voldemort and the death eaters until book 7. they dont show it in book six, but the ministry IS trying to fight voldemort's forces. there are simply too many of them and they're very good at guerrilla warfare. they explain all of that in book 7.

book six, as anyone who read it can tell you, left a LOT of open ended questions, such as the ones asked. but you get all the answers in book 7, which is why they're making it into two movies. JK Rowling specifically requested that they do it (which I read about in an interview) so that they cover all of the important questions that are answered in book 7, which one hour-and-a-half movie wouldnt cut.

Comment

I'm waiting for Harry Potter and the Chamberpot of Horrors. :p
                    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Sorry if my mind has blended the 6th and 7th book into one story line. I haven't read them in awhile.
                      |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Every new movie just reveals more and more how incompetent and blind magic-users really are in the HP stories.

That's not a slant against the author or anything, but some fans of Harry Potter try and espouse how much better and more clever mages are than regular people and I can point to multiple instances where their entire plight exists because they're too backward and arrogant to act rationally.

I think that's one of the points that kept me watching the movies. Even though most of them have issues with pacing, as the story has progressed, much like a child growing up, we see more and more of the rot that encompasses magic life.

BTW: damn them for killing Gary Oldman. Damn them all.

Comment

Like any movie there are a lot of "Damn, are they that stupid?" moments but the HP series does have a lot of them. Not sure if they are explained more in the books as to why they do that.

One example: When I first saw the Sorcerer's Stone I was really confused as to why the bad wizards went to the same school. Apparently this is explained in the books to be so they have the opportunity to learn to be good instead of being bad without supervision. That made a little more sense.

The denial by the Minister of Magic (or whatever his title was) in the later movies that the bad guy came back were just ridiculous. I dislike it when characters are completely illogical, but it's not like you can't find real world examples of stupidity.
                          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

It was also stated the book that 7 is a very significant number in the magic world and that is why they are assuming there are that many horcruxes. I thought they did a bad job of explaining how Tom Riddle picked his horcruxes.

I made the mistake of rereading the book the week before seeing the movie and I was so excited on how they were going to show that final battle scene, and I got NOTHING!! Plus knowing Harry's past, I found it really hard to believe that he just sat there watching Dumbledor and Malfoy. It doesn't fit his character from the previous movies.
                            Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
                              One example: When I first saw the Sorcerer's Stone I was really confused as to why the bad wizards went to the same school. Apparently this is explained in the books to be so they have the opportunity to learn to be good instead of being bad without supervision. That made a little more sense.
                              You mean Slitherin(sp)? They aren't really "bad." They're just a lot more upfront about the arrogance and latent stupidity. Besides the Holy Trinity of Harry, Ron, and Hermoine: everyone is basically a retard or mustache twirling evil-doer (also stupid).

The denial by the Minister of Magic (or whatever his title was) in the later movies that the bad guy came back were just ridiculous. I dislike it when characters are completely illogical, but it's not like you can't find real world examples of stupidity.
                              Yea, but the highest form of government they have contains no form of checks and balances. It's run more like a church. Challenges, even by someone as renowned as Dubledoore(sp), are considered heresy and punishable by imprisonment.

Also, wrongful imprisonment when you have truth-serums? What? Further, they not only torture convicted prisoners (with dementors), but people like Snape actually enjoy the prospect of it happening (curious that he would care so much about Sirius's fate when Harry's dad was such a dick to him).

The entire system is based on arrogance. "We're better, we can't be wrong. We were wrong in the past? Oh! Well, we still can't be wrong.!" Not to say real world governments can't fall to the same thing, but think about a current 1st world government that could be completely collapsed through spies and double-agents. Now imagine you aren't reading a Tom Clancy novel and you can realize how absurd it is.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X