Holy Freaking Avatar! We Saw 25 Minutes Of Cameron's Weird Masterpiece

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Freaking Avatar! We Saw 25 Minutes Of Cameron's Weird Masterpiece

This movie has been in production for years, and got to say I'm pretty excited about it.

Holy Freaking Avatar! We Saw 25 Minutes Of Cameron's Weird Masterpiece

I'm hoping we finally get to see a trailer now. Movie is supposed to be out in Dec.

Here is the IMDB page for it:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499549/

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Holy Freaking Avatar! We Saw 25 Minutes Of Cameron's Weird Masterpiece

I heard that the studio will be running 15 minutes of footage in Imax theaters sometime soon.

I'm pretty pumped for this. I'm all about a good sci-fi movie.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

I saw a preview in harry potter that was something like this where everyone was a computer avatar but i don't recall the name for a good reason lol.

This looks much better and i look forward to a new james cameron movie!
      http://www.avatarmovie.com/

- -

Comment

That was Surrogates. Also looks awesome.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Yes that's the movie, ty spyder.

- -

Comment

There's also "Gamer." Wherein a guy like us, who's a master at virtual FPSs gets to actually make a RL difference via a neural interlink between himself and his human counterpart whom he controls on a RL game-battlefield.

p.s.
            James Cameron is basically the biggest dork in Hollywood. Love him.

Comment

It better be a good movie considering the money they have spent on it.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

That's half the plot on "Gamer", Gambit. That movie looks like it could be good, but then again it could be really awful. "Gamer" is set in a world where death row inmates' lives are at stake while you play. Instead of controlling a bunch of polygons you are in charge of an inmates actual life, losing in this world means the inmate dies. The game is set up so that the inmates are given the opportunity to receive a pardon for their crimes if they can survive a given number of matches. Most people only survive one or two matches, but Gerard Butler's character is just 3 or 4 wins shy of winning his freedom thanks to his own skills and those of the gamer controlling him. Now the government is faced with the prospect of actually having to pardon an inmate and it appears they are going to stop at nothing to make sure he doesn't win his freedom.

/end derail

I knew nothing about Avatar (save that it was in production) until I read that 25 minute blurb and now I am definitely going to see that movie. Even if it gets panned by every single critic out there I will HAVE to see that movie.

Comment

A bit off topic, but the Surrogates trailer is basically a plot synopsis, and, unless they've got some very good twists, it blows the whole plot.

Comment

What's up with Bruce Willis's Hair? Or is that to make him a "Surrogate"? Would you want a Bald Surrogate?
                    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                    ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Originally posted by Uchiha Obito View Post
                      That's half the plot on "Gamer", Gambit. That movie looks like it could be good, but then again it could be really awful. "Gamer" is set in a world where death row inmates' lives are at stake while you play. Instead of controlling a bunch of polygons you are in charge of an inmates actual life, losing in this world means the inmate dies. The game is set up so that the inmates are given the opportunity to receive a pardon for their crimes if they can survive a given number of matches. Most people only survive one or two matches, but Gerard Butler's character is just 3 or 4 wins shy of winning his freedom thanks to his own skills and those of the gamer controlling him. Now the government is faced with the prospect of actually having to pardon an inmate and it appears they are going to stop at nothing to make sure he doesn't win his freedom.

A plot directly inspired by Orson Scott Card's "Ender's Game", I would suppose.

Interesting book, btw.

Comment

Quick update, the first official trailer is out, and make sure you check it out in HD

http://gizmodo.com/5341719/the-first...yperreal-bliss

Holy crap it looks amazing. MMMMMMMMM...............hot blue alien chicks :row__523:

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

nerdsgasm...

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                          The BigC

Comment

Second trailer:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809804784/video/16357477
                            |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

sigourney weaver is in it!!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X