The cover for Jordin Sparks' "Battlefield"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The cover for Jordin Sparks' "Battlefield"

I'm flipping through an ad for Best Buy, and I come upon the CD section. Check out the cover for Jordin Sparks' new cd:

Now, doesn't the font on "Battlefield" look familiar?

sigpic

Formerly of the fabled 3rd Special Forces Detachment

"On that day half a century ago, our species was pushed to the crumbling edge of extinction. And as we teetered on that precipice, staring down into the abyss, a hand reached out, pulled us back from the brink, and gave us hope... the hand of a Hero."

Re: The cover for Jordin Sparks' "Battlefield"

Maybe saw it one of her sweethearts game covers and forgot about it. I've jot down music thinking it was original only to find out its from some random game i played a year ago.
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir-Nerd View Post
      Maybe saw it one of her sweethearts game covers and forgot about it. I've jot down music thinking it was original only to find out its from some random game i played a year ago.
      Or, you know, maybe, some nerd who actually did the graphic creation for the album covers saw the 'irony' and decided to see if she wanted to use that font.

Because she sure didn't make the cover. She may have 'supervised it' (ie said 'no, that's horrible' or 'yeah i think that looks good'), but the graphic designer was the one who came up with the draft, I would figure.

Comment

SHHH... i was going to make a fraps video with that song as the sound track :)

Comment

Originally posted by LordMeatwad View Post
          SHHH... i was going to make a fraps video with that song as the sound track :)
          Hey! Neat idea!

;)
          |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
          Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Nothing like shooting up dudes to pop-dance tracks.
            sigpic

Formerly of the fabled 3rd Special Forces Detachment

"On that day half a century ago, our species was pushed to the crumbling edge of extinction. And as we teetered on that precipice, staring down into the abyss, a hand reached out, pulled us back from the brink, and gave us hope... the hand of a Hero."

Comment

The fonts aren't really very close. Her album has rounded letters and the middle line of the E is shorter than the top and bottom lines, where as on the game the E lines are all even.

Plus height to width ratios and the game has a 3-d look to the letters.

I think I spent too long working at a copy shop...
              |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

PM made this while ago:
                [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9S4hk9c240&fmt=22[/media]

2142 music video with that as song, link for those who missed it :)

And yes especially on dark red background there is something very much alike in those two fonts!

Comment

Very nice! thats better then I would have done :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X