do you have control over the ads?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you have control over the ads?

This romance dating site w/e ad pops up and takes up half mine screen everytime I change pages, very annoying, the skyscraper ones dont bother me at all, but one that grows to half my screen sucks

thanks
    _Austin

ACU Web| | |

Re: do you have control over the ads?

Cap, that shouldnt be happening. Screenshot it, grab the location of the ad, and post it in the Helpdesk/Support section in the SM forums. This way the site admins can take care of it properly.

Comment

I just added media6degrees to my NoScript whitelist in hope that will let me see the ads others are talking about. But I still don't see anything on this page. I do find them entertaining.

But I also find them worrisome, given the recent exploits in Adobe Flash and Windows ActiveX controls used for video. (There won't be a patch until the end of this week for Flash! And the MS patch came out only after security researchers threatened widespread exposure at the Black Hat conference.)

I moved to the next TG thread tab, about cleaning mice and keyboards, and I see two Flash ads. They appear as rectangles with a play button, because I also run FlashBlock to only let Flash run once I play it. Why do ads need to be Flash? Why do they need JavaScript not hosted by TG? Why not just an image that links to the sponsor's site? Why put us in this position of vulnerability?
      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

it hasnt done it today, but if it happens again I will screenshot it, it was the blue ad for romance ish, it had like a 350x600 pop up thing going on

ACU Web| | |

Comment

Originally posted by Cap View Post
          it hasnt done it today, but if it happens again I will screenshot it, it was the blue ad for romance ish, it had like a 350x600 pop up thing going on
          I have the same issue....Kill the ad will ya

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
          George S. Patton

Comment

here it is again

ACU Web| | |

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
              I just added media6degrees to my NoScript whitelist in hope that will let me see the ads others are talking about. But I still don't see anything on this page. I do find them entertaining.

But I also find them worrisome, given the recent exploits in Adobe Flash and Windows ActiveX controls used for video. (There won't be a patch until the end of this week for Flash! And the MS patch came out only after security researchers threatened widespread exposure at the Black Hat conference.)

I moved to the next TG thread tab, about cleaning mice and keyboards, and I see two Flash ads. They appear as rectangles with a play button, because I also run FlashBlock to only let Flash run once I play it. Why do ads need to be Flash? Why do they need JavaScript not hosted by TG? Why not just an image that links to the sponsor's site? Why put us in this position of vulnerability?
              Adblock Plus. All your problems, solved.
              "It's called a randomizer, and it's fitted to the guidance systems and operates under a very complex scientific principle called pot luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Cap View Post
                here it is again
                Wow, that is big and needs to be sorted out. I've never had anything like that before.

I don't really notice the ads, I have the occasional slow page load but nothing major. I might try one of these ad blockers to see if it makes any significant improvement.

Comment

In dealing with this before, what Apophis needs to weed these out is the click-through address so he knows what site they are attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by sporkife View Post
                    Adblock Plus. All your problems, solved.
                    Adblock + Noscript = fun web browsing. All pages load quickly and there's no crawl over ads.

I do leave text ads showing but flash can kiss my ass.
                    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X