Second Life?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Life?

Does anyone play the online community game "Second Life"?

I just started the other day, and i'd like to have some friends to show me the ropes...thats if any plays it besides me :)

Re: Second Life?

There's no real way to "play" Second Life. It's a 3D chatroom, basically. 75% of the game realm is basically sexchat, with some really extreme "sex castles" with sadomasochistic nonsense (you can purchase little penises to equip to your naked avatar and... well, it's tough to describe, but it's REALLY hilarious to see). It's amusing to wander around the different realms, but it starts to feel weird and dirty after a while. It was funny "invading" the sex realms and ruining the little sex sessions and stuff as I had an avatar done up in full SWAT gear, but I got banned a lot.

Comment

it is sexually charged in there >.>

but i found a few places to play like a fantasy knight hero or even a stars war person. i kinda like those without all the wierd sex stuff.

Comment

I tried once. Logged in, saw a guy wandering around with a huge penis stuck on his head. Logged out.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
        The BigC

Comment

Warning: Online interactions not rated by the ESRB.
          |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Damonte has enough to do in his first life... who in their right mind thinks that he cares to start another?

Note: The question was about other people being in their right mind, not Damonte.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Wow, I never noticed any of that stuff when I tried it out 2 years ago. I'd love give it another go just to troll around, but I don't have that kinda time.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Xmaster View Post
                I tried once. Logged in, saw a guy wandering around with a huge penis stuck on his head. Logged out.
                That's enough of a deal sealer for me...thanks but no thanks on second life.

Ha Ha on dressing in swat gear...
                sigpic
                |TG-1st|Grunt
                ARMA Admin (retired)
                Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Gillespie View Post
                  There's no real way to "play" Second Life. It's a 3D chatroom, basically. 75% of the game realm is basically sexchat,
                  WoW is similar, except that it's more like 12 year olds on a playground. So the "sex chat" is at a 12 year old level. If people complain enough, Blizzard will suspend people for it. (I only complain about spam, ie. jamming a channel with meaningless nonsense, not questionable content.)

http://www.wowwiki.com/IRC

There are quite a few quests in WoW with a poop theme, so it's as if the developers themselves were 12 year olds. Here's an example:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Quest:Azsharite

(I should start a wiki category to enumerate all the poop quests.)

I find WoW to be like a Disney-fied graphical chatroom. (Or perhaps Buena Vista, which I think was Disney's group for content targeted at older viewers.)
                  Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Funny you asked. I tried it the other day and it was kind of neat.. but just too much of a headache and a bit beyond my "geek level." A GIANT, and in many ways artistic and creative.. chat room indeed. Gave up since I keep getting graphical errors after about 10-20 minutes every time I logged in.
                    |TG-Irr| JWG

Battlefield 2 - Project Reality

Comment

Good call. :icon_eek:
                      "It's called a randomizer, and it's fitted to the guidance systems and operates under a very complex scientific principle called pot luck."

Comment

I tried it a while ago. It felt really WRONG. I don't know why but I just had an overwhelming feeling that this isn't a healthy thing to be doing. People would just sit about chatting to each other while others dressed in weird costumes. I don't know I can't put my finger on it. I just think it was trying to be a substitute for real life which I don't think is healthy.

Comment

Uhh. I think he is compensating for something, but I dont really know what.

Catch the sarcasim?
                          |TG|Ghost02
                          TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

I'm not sure how appropriate it is to discuss this, but the object of the "attachable" penis accessory is to add to the illusion of sex. In the "sex" zones of the game there are areas one can use (click on it) that activates their avatar into a sexual animation. The female/male clicks one part, the other "partner" clicks the other. Visual sex-chat.

Like I said, it's really freaking bizarre, but funny as hell to watch, and hilarious to disrupt. :P

Comment

Maybe a vid of you disrupting? I want the thrill without the effort. Could go on to be a great viral vid.
                              |TG|Ghost02
                              TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X