Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearts of Iron 3

Anyone played this or the predecessors?

I am a HUGE Empire:Total war fan, ever since back in the days of shogun! Is this game going to be like that, only set during WW2? It looks promising and I am tempted to start the steam DL.....

Opinions?

Here is a trailer.....

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vW3NTvC3gk[/media]

Re: Hearts of Iron 3

It's more like TOAW on steroids. I picked it up on Steam just hours before release and got HoI 2 for free. I've not played any of the HoI games but do still have TOAW installed and had been looking for what I call "a tabletop, turn-based wargame, WWII style" and this looks to be as close as I can get in the contemporary game market.

That being said, it looks to be one of the most complex games I've owned. It's gonna take some time to learn and be successful playing it. But what else do I have to do? I've got nuthin :(

Check the Strategy subforum, there's a small thread there about it.
    "There are two kinds of people in this world. Those with guns and those who dig. You dig."
    EvE Online: Jintu Xi, Bandu McWilly
    PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork & Steam = "TrickyTerp"

Comment

I heard HoI3 was crap. Full of historical inaccuracy. You should probably check out HoI2 tho. Might be worth the try.

And by inaccuracy, i mean things like Mexico invading Germany.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
      The BigC

Comment

I DL'd the demo, and so far, its pretty damn fun! Its a slow game though, and you can't control your armies on the battlefield like Empire: Total War. You can tell them to move places, and they go there. You get a huge control over the entire government, military, spy agencies, and most anything you can think of. The game moves in hourly increments, but you can speed it up. All in all, I'm thinking of getting it.
        If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
        - Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by Xmaster View Post
          I heard HoI3 was crap. Full of historical inaccuracy. You should probably check out HoI2 tho. Might be worth the try.

As far as I know, it's not meant to have total accuracy. The devs have said as much several times in their forums.
          "There are two kinds of people in this world. Those with guns and those who dig. You dig."
          EvE Online: Jintu Xi, Bandu McWilly
          PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork & Steam = "TrickyTerp"

Comment

Hearts of Iron II made me mad to the point of where I don't think I will ever play it again. I decided to make the United States a tyrannical world-conquering power because, lets be honest, who wants to play the game the exact way WWII happened? I had this game going on for weeks. All of South America , a large section of Africa, and the majority of Eastern Europe was under my control when Germany finally surrendered. The game then forces me to succeed every territory I had taken in Europe back to their respective countries with no option to do otherwise. My armies that I had meticulously organized were split up and throw into imaginary la-la land and all the territory I had fought so hard for is just given away. Thanks for wasting all of my time. I don't understand game developers.

Comment

Originally posted by Xmaster View Post

That's like saying Empire: Total War is crap because it's possible to win the Revolutionary War as the British.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X