VET is alive and for hire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VET is alive and for hire

Some may (or may not) have wondered whence goeth VET72. I finally have a moment to post this message to my friends here at TG with an update.

It's been an "interesting" few months, highlighted by a very painful muscle condition that made it difficult to sit (anywhere) for more than 30-45 minutes, and then -- almost concurrent with that condition starting to improve (just stopped needing a cane two days ago) -- an incredible surge of business which kept me as occupied as I want to be and then some.

So, almost no gaming.

BUT...at the same time...I wanted to keep on playing JO Reality, and was somewhat disappointed that we never got enough critical mass and momentum here to really take off with that mod the way they have over at International Gamer and even at some other servers. Every time I looked in here no one was on the server, or when folks were, it was with the "old, standard" maps and no new maps. So when I had time to play, I searched primarily for new maps and servers that had players on them most days, and then played wherever that was. Added a few other servers to my TS list, when they had that, and otherwise just tried to be a good teammate in any mode of play.

I also concluded that, ultimately, I'm too damn much of a loner to commit to an IC or an IG-type operation. I had joined a company and squad at IG, but then never played with them.

Instead, I supposed I can sum up my feeling about online play now by my new JO primary handle, VET72-4HIRE. I'm a mercenary, which fits my professional persona as well. I'll play with friendly people wherever they are, in the games I like playing. Right now that's JO Reality, but I'm REALLY looking forward to BF2 and have pre-ordered that. I know that a lot of you have much more diverse interests in games -- but I just don't have the time to play more than one or two different ones.

Know that if I'm in a game with any of you, and you're on my team, I've got your six.

All my best,

VET (aka Jonathan)

Re: VET is alive and for hire

Originally posted by VET72
    I'm REALLY looking forward to BF2 and have pre-ordered that. I know that a lot of you have much more diverse interests in games -- but I just don't have the time to play more than one or two different ones.
    Good to hear that you're feeling better, Vet! I think you're going to find that BF2 is going to arrive with a bang here at TG. I hope it doesn't suck the life out of any games other than JO and BF:1942, but I've seen a LOT of CS, NS and GR players saying that they can't wait for it to come out... And the beautiful thing about TG is that players that don't want to commit to a clan are always welcome to partake in the teamplay that is always demanded here!
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

If you're looking for some games now... check out the BF:DC server... we're trying to get that revived in preparation for BF2.
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

Vet! I'm so happy to hear from you. Come on ts sometime soon- I'll play JO with you anytime!

Comment

There is no life on the JO server, so no need to worry about sucking the life out of it.

Welcome back VET! Glad to hear things are going better.

I like the 4HIRE idea. Since I've always been in two camps as supporting member of both Tac-Gamers and Gamerswithjobs, a tag like Mateo-4HIRE might just be the ticket.

Besides it reminds my Boston domiciled self of SPENSAH 4HIRE.

Comment

Oh Vet I am so glad you are getting better. And I hope to see you around soon :)

Comment

Originally posted by asch
              If you're looking for some games now... check out the BF:DC server... we're trying to get that revived in preparation for BF2.
              Thanks to all for the good wishes, and where is the server you referred to, Asch?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X