Mount&Blade: Warband Multiplayer!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mount&Blade: Warband Multiplayer!

If you've played Mount&Blade you know it's a game that isn't quite like anything else. It's a cavalry focused medieval combat game where your character is a mercenary captain leading a band of fighters. Battles feature dozens, or, with a mod, hundreds of individual fighters. Unlike Medeival II or Stronghold each of these units is an individual, with his own armor, stamina, and HP, fighting with his own weapon and shield, actively manuevering blocking, and fighting as an individual. The player has limited direct control over his troops and can command them to form lines, form different formations, and move around the map. Even with these simple commands the gameplay is highly tactical as the player coordinates static infantry with mobile cavalry and supporting fire from archers, crossbowmen, and horse archers. Pikes and spears counter cavalry while heavy infantry form a solid rock to anchor any formation. The game has enormous depth to it's tactical battle component.

Well I just found out they're making it multiplayer.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxyqa5eFpts[/media]

After years of swearing up and down that it would never happen Mount&Blade: Warband is in closed beta. Featuring up to 64 players fighting at a time, I garuntee you that with a little love from the community M&B:Warband will be one of the premier games on TG.

We've all stacked up to clear a room or grabbed dirt while waiting for an airstrike to come in.

Now we'll have a chance to form a shield wall or lead a cavalry charge with couched lances. Form up the archers and volley fire or lead heavy infantry to clash in towns and castles.

You can try M&Bs demo for free. The demo features the full game but caps the player at level 7.

http://www.taleworlds.com/mb_download.html

Visit the Taleworlds forums!

http://www.taleworlds.com/

Warband forums!

http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/board,138.0.html

Re: Mount&Blade: Warband Multiplayer!

I bought this game when it first came out, liked it alot, it's special

mp should be really great like you said: now you can actually team up form wedges with cavalry, shield walls, ...

I'm only wondering how they'll do, will it be like the campaign and that everyone can have their own warband or will it be more like quick battles
    Allways view this before fighting against a better clan ^^
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LMEa0TVY_4

Comment

It sounds like it's going to be a sort of team deathmatch thing. Each of the singleplayer factions is represented and has a couple of classes. The players slot into a faction, choose classes, then fight it out. It sounds like there is a no-rez, CS style deathmatch, rez enabled deathmatch, and maybe a few other styles.

Comment

I've been playing Mount and Blade and lurking on the taleworlds forums since like version .5 or something(Don't remember the version number that old, it was before .751). That game is absolutely amazing for something started by a guy with texture help from his wife, much higher quality than a LOT of full scale development games. I can't wait until the multiplayer expansion comes out, we've been wanting it since forever. And if TG picks it up, even better.

Comment

multiplayer for this should be alot of fun.

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

Comment

Well that was fun til I got hit hard by the Steppes Warriors (The mounted ones). I was a horse archer and got hurt bad, then got taken prisoner... after a while you escape but then right when you escape some other Steppes warriors attacked again... taken prisoner... then lost my horse.. then escaped, and captured again.. lost my weapons... pretty much GG'd me there. And it kept going.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

You can definately get stuck in that, especially if the game is set to the 'No Save Without Quitting'/Hardcore setting. Have you thought about exporting your character and starting over?

Comment

So is the current one going to go multiplayer or are they releasing a multiplayer version?

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X