X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quintin's Bastards

What's you fav part of Resevor dogs?

Mines the opening

Everyone gathered around the table at the breakfast joint. For me his movies are about the dialogue. The way his actors become people. Become the story. You are at that dinner. The conversation is natural and fluid. No part is rushed to get the point across.

If you are like me go out and see this movie. Pitt and Roth give the proformances of their life times.

Also, if you liked mr. Blond cutting that cops ear off you will find joy in this too.

When this war is over, are you planing on wearing that uniform?
    I thought you might say that.
    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Re: Quintin's Bastards

I will be sure to check it out brah!
    |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Going to see it in about 6 hrs I will give my thoughts on it.

Although it is a Quintin film so it has to be good. <3 all of his films, especially 4 rooms!

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

Would be good to get reviews as I read some and they wasn't hot.

But it's the film to see, and was planning a group to go for a night out to the cinema.

This being the obvious choice then, I'd like to make sure all will enjoy it or I have to think of another film for all.. which I can't.. so review away!

Comment

I do not trust critic reviews because they are in the wrong industry and cant tell left from right when it comes to movies. I have heard it is very gory but has quite a few funny scenes plus characters accents are laugh out loud funny so unless you have some squeamish girls coming along id recommend it.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

The critics are ******* idiots!

No jokes best movie Ive ever seen.

Comment

Well yeah... it was okay. I just fear people going out of the cinema saying " Wow i never knew the war actually ended this way.. "

Edit: If they knew how it ended at all
              Last edited by black_Mirror; 08-22-2009, 08:46 PM.
              His capacity for love lost, the man accepts it into his glas of dispair. The Flames of burning anger unquenched, the man keeps drinking... but never gets drunk
              sigpic

Comment

I remember loving From Dusk til Dawn.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quentin_Tarantino
                Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Really liked this movie. Well done, brilliant acting. I appreciated the still camera work since I was closer to the screen than usual....

I was very attentive throughout the movie. Good stuff!
                  |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

I thought it was a tad slow in parts, but all in all it was a good flick. The dialogue was top notch and Pitt was hilarious.

Only thing that spoiled it for me was the woman sitting in front me with all of her "Oh no!'s" and "Now he knows...!". Drove me freaking nuts.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

meh, it was OK. Too much brutality for brutality's sake, I've gotten past wanting to see that in my life.

Yeah it may exist, probably even happened a lot. I just know I didn't like the German film being shown, where all of the other soldiers were being sniped (can't remember if they were supposed to be American or not, but for some reason I was thinking that they were American) and the crowd cheering just turned my stomach. So I can't imagine how upset a native German citizen would be in seeing the scalping of their countrymen or the brutal baseball bat beating of that German soldier....it was just vulgar, I couldn't watch the entire scene.

I know it's just a film, that's not the point. Point is, no one deserves to be treated like that.
                      Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

I think many didn't get the point of the film. Maybe I missed the mark too, but I loved it. Here's my interpretation of it. It was a fantasy alternate reality of WWII, in which Jews were able to exact their revenge upon the Nazis. The end was AWESOME. A complete metaphor.

[SPOILER ALERT!!!] Think about it. Millions upon millions of Jews and others were gassed, shot, and tossed into ovens. They were brutalized beyond belief, so seeing the Nazis all burn alive in the movie theatre was just getting a taste of what they had done to millions of others. I loved seeing Hitler shot up the way he did. And all by the hands of Jews too! Quite poetic.

It may seem brutal and grotesque, but it might give a bunch of Jewish people a sense of revenge fulfillment and closure. Even it didn't happen this way, it was satisfying. But then again, this IS a Quentin Tarantino film, and probably shouldn't be taken too seriously as a serious statement or anything. He's just a master of fiction, excessive violence, and unique story telling.
                        "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
                          I think many didn't get the point of the film. Maybe I missed the mark too, but I loved it. Here's my interpretation of it. It was a fantasy alternate reality of WWII, in which Jews were able to exact their revenge upon the Nazis. The end was AWESOME. A complete metaphor.

[SPOILER ALERT!!!] Think about it. Millions upon millions of Jews and others were gassed, shot, and tossed into ovens. They were brutalized beyond belief, so seeing the Nazis all burn alive in the movie theatre was just getting a taste of what they had done to millions of others. I loved seeing Hitler shot up the way he did. And all by the hands of Jews too! Quite poetic.

It may seem brutal and grotesque, but it might give a bunch of Jewish people a sense of revenge fulfillment and closure. Even it didn't happen this way, it was satisfying. But then again, this IS a Quentin Tarantino film, and probably shouldn't be taken too seriously as a serious statement or anything. He's just a master of fiction, excessive violence, and unique story telling.
                          You are right about what you say. Million people died in camps and these things during this cruel century but these where most likely SS soldiers at these camps. ( in fact Germany was not the Country causing the most death.. there is another Country causing almost twice that high number of dead people, Jews and other civil hostiles included) Did you knew that you where treated as a traitor if you didnīt followed Hitler back in these days.. and i donīt have to explain what happens to traitors. The movie is missing this part, that they simply had no choice most of the time. ( or where is the part about the big German resistance?.. yeah i know i lose my track. itīs a Tarantino movie and not a historical documentation) What bothers me in this movie is simply the fact that it pictures ALL german soldiers as cruel Jew-killing monster who deserve death in the most brutal way. But i ask you.. what have a German patrol or the troops in Africa or wherever to do with the mass-murdering? These people who get scalped in the movie where normal soldiers doing their duty. And it makes me sad that people celebrate the way how they get killed... like lesser creatures.
                          His capacity for love lost, the man accepts it into his glas of dispair. The Flames of burning anger unquenched, the man keeps drinking... but never gets drunk
                          sigpic

Comment

It was a fun movie, I would've preferred some scenes be cut short and more Basterds violence added, but that's me.

Comment

Just an update. Went to see Moon. Can only be described as absolutely perfect.

Great reviews on the new Tarantino. More I read, the more I wanna check it out.

But for the night out, the right choice was made for sure and by far a classic.
                              Last edited by Taip3n; 08-24-2009, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X