Battlefield 2: BSOD and others

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 2: BSOD and others

(PASTED FROM MY OTHER THREAD IN THE BF2 SECTION)

Okay so I recently bought Battlefield 2 full DVD set, and after about 6 hours of finally getting it installed/getting through minor errors, I start playing. I play 2142 on total high settings (except for antialiasing) and it runs perfectly (lag here and there). So I figured if Battlefield 2 is older, then I should be able to run it on high. I guess I was wrong, because I'm forced to use most of my settings on medium/low/high. This is because when I had it higher, I would get lots of Blue screens! (nv4_disp.dll errors.) So once I lowered it, it stopped doing it ALOT, (which only took a couple minutes) and now it does it every 2-3 hours (Only on Battlefield 2, I can run COD4 on max.) Also, sometimes in vehicles or when things explode around me, I get these ugly black or white lines that appear on my screen and keep flashing around. They eventually go away, but this is annoying. If I restart the game it doesn't do the flashing lines for awhile, then I have to restart when it happens. (sometimes while closing the game I bluescreen too, both SF and BF2). I just really like this game more than 2142, since I have played 2142 for years and I like the new change. but i'm rather depressed it's having lots of difficulty staying top-notch, especially after lowering graphics.

I also opened up my computer and cleaned it with a vaccume cleaner, everything, even took out the graphics card and sucked all the dust out of the fan.

I would really like some help, and maybe if It's fixed I can play with TG! ty.

ALSO: Sometimes when exiting the game it bluescreens

Re: Battlefield 2: BSOD and others

Sounds like your graphics card overheating.

By the way, this actually belongs in the BF2 tech support section, not general.

Comment

Yeah, posted it there but nobody sees it really, whenever I post here I get a quick response.

Also, Shouldn't an 8600gt be enough to handle this game?
      Last edited by Industrial; 08-23-2009, 02:49 AM. Reason: Explanation

Comment

me thinks this thread will get moved or merged into the correct forum, where you posted originally

Comment

It fails on BF2, but not on 2142 or COD, all at max settings. So that suggests BF2 is doing something with the card that's either stressing it too much or tickling a driver bug that the other games don't hit.

Get a utility to monitor GPU temperature and see if it runs abnormally hot with BF2 but not in the other games. That should tell you if it's a hardware issue.

Otherwise I'm more inclined to think it's a driver bug. What driver are you using? There's a site (don't recall URI at the moment) that stocks a lot of past drivers, so you can roll back to different versions and see if that helps. If you find it fails with one driver and not another, tell nVidia about it (with versions) so they can look for a regression.
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Well I updated my driver about four days ago due to another game giving me problems, and that game worked fine afterwards.. I'm getting the suggestion to re-install but I'm trying to make the most time out of my day so I don't really want to. But if that's how it has to be, I guess I might as well.

Comment

Reinstalled, getting the same errors. I'm just going to lower the graphics ALOT, (painfully..) and hope for the best

Comment

Same errors, I was told to delete the cache folder, DONT HAVE ONE, so I just made one, maybe thatll do, but updating drivers AGAIN

Comment

Okay, I was playing Garry's Mod and I closed it and bluescreen. What the hell is going on.. sigh

Comment

Updated my REALTEK AC79 audio driver. Last driver I had was from 2005 when I got the computer! Might fix

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X