Day of Defeat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day of Defeat

Hey everybody, Day of Defeat Source is supposed to be coming out sometime in the near future. If it is anything like the original DoD, I think it would be a great fit for Tactical Gamer's team-oriented style of play. In the meantime, I want to know if anyone is interested in getting some games of regular DoD going. Maybe we could have a night or two a week for this, and if so it would be a good chance to employ the new CE server.

My hopes for this is to get a feel of how well DoD would play out here at TG, and if persuing DoD:S here would be worthwhile. Additionally, this would be a good chance for anyone who is interested, but hasn't played before, to get introduced to the game. I can't think of a better place to learn a game than TG.

So, if you're interested, drop a post here and we'll see how many people we can round up for a game.

Re: Day of Defeat

I'm game. Consider me interested.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

DoD:S? Oh hell yeah!

Seriously, has there been new info released that is prompting you to post this? You just might be getting my hopes up.

Comment

Originally posted by RandomGuy
        DoD:S? Oh hell yeah!

Seriously, has there been new info released that is prompting you to post this? You just might be getting my hopes up.
        If there has been, I haven't heard it. The last thing that I heard was that DoD:S will be out in "early spring", which I assume means sometime in the near future.

Note: I'm assuming "early spring" to be over the next month or so. Up here in northern NY we don't have spring, we have "winter" and "two month break until winter".

Comment

Just gathering dust on my HD.....so yeah, I'd be interested.

Comment

guns that fire where you are aiming? count me in :)

Comment

when it comes out, i'll be playing d-day on it alot.

i don't think d-day is a frag map. for the germans yes, but for the allies, it will require massive amount of teamwork.

Comment

Depending on when it's released, I'm definitely in!

The BF2 demo would most likely keep me away from DoD, though...
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I am down.
                  RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                  TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                  7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                  "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                  "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

is DoD source really gonna be good?

Comment

Note that j's suggestion was for setting up original DoD on the CE server UNTIL DoD:S is released.
                      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X