Boondocks Saints 2 : all saints day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boondocks Saints 2 : all saints day

after many years of waiting, the follow up to the epic cult classic the boondocks saints will soon be upon us!

And there was much rejoicing!

http://uk.movies.ign.com/dor/objects...lr_090209.html
    sigpic

"brum brum"

Re: Boondocks Saints 2 : all saints day

it looks like it could be good! it only took them 9 years, so it better be!

Comment

Hehe. I'll get flamed for this, but I was never a fan of Boondock Saints. :)

Comment

I honestly don't think it needed a sequel, but whatever :)
        Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
          oh yea, it looks good :)
          I'm very exited about this one, i actually rewatched the first last night :D
          sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
            9 years, we can only hope it is as good as the Start Wars prequels!*

*note: sarcasm
            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
              9 years, we can only hope it is as good as the Start Wars prequels!*

*note: sarcasm

or the matrix sequeals. lol
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Gillespie View Post
                Hehe. I'll get flamed for this, but I was never a fan of Boondock Saints. :)
                Flamed?...

This will be a good sequel hopefully :).

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

It's a classic, but never was a great movie.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/boondock_saints/

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD77 View Post
                    It's a classic, but never was a great movie.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/boondock_saints/
                    I don't need a website telling me what's good or not ;), it's better then 80% of tripe that comes out of hollywood...

sure, it doesn't need a sequel, but what usually does?
                    -There's been 9 years in between, they tried to make a sequel before but apperently didn't work, so they should have had time enough for a decent script (hell, the script was mostly why the actors aggreed on doing the first one after duffy lost most of his budget)
                    -the same cast bar dafoe
                    -they didn't hire some gloryfied musicvideoclip director a la McG to mess thing up...

You know what, i genuinly got my hopes up for this one.
                    The only thing that could mess this up is some hollywood pansy going: "hey, you know how we could make this for a bigger audience?"
                    sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

You know what, i genuinly got my hopes up for this one.
                      The only thing that could mess this up is some hollywood pansy going: "hey, you know how we could make this for a bigger audience?"
                      Seriously, I hope that doesn't happen.

The trailer looks awesome! I love the original movie and I agree that it didn't need a sequel, but as long as they stay true to the original Boondocks Saints then I think we could have a very good movie on our hands.
                      sigpic

Comment

First one was great....but I don't see much use for a sequel unless it's just non-stop action for entertainment's sake. I mean Ron Jeremy was in the original, not sure it gets much better he he.
                        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I see potential for one big reason: the plot looks as though you're going to have to have seen the first one to understand it. This alone will make it a winner and not a mass-market-pandering-showpiece.

Comment

Is it sad that when I heard what the release date was that my first reaction was... Crap I need to get that day off from work?

Seriously I'm looking forward to this movie and I can't wait to see it. The original was in many ways a cult classic. It really never was a movie for everyone but those who love it love it. I only hope the sequel will do it justice.

~ Draken

Comment

Ahem... BUMP!!!!!

So guess what movie I got to see?

As a fan of the original I would have to say I was fully satisfied with what I saw. Now don't get me wrong the movie was by no means perfect, but it was a fitting continuation of the story. All the major players make a comeback in some way or form and without getting into any spoilers, they did add a few new characters that just seemed to fit perfectly! The movie is NOT one for critics, but for fans I think it will score well. Heck I would argue 90% of the film was flat out fan service and otherwise inside jokes. There were a few laugh out loud moments, including a walk on appearance by 'the cat' from the first movie, as well as a line I ask you to look for when watching "$20 on the Mexican" (It will make sense when you watch it)

My only real complaint for the film is I feel some of the music choices were not really fitting with the original, one or two songs seemed out of place in a few the scenes.

Now regrettably All Saints Day did not receive the nation wide release they original promised, Sony has been adding theaters almost every week now since the original screenings last month.

You can find a list of current theaters [ HERE ]

~ Draken

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...