Where the Wild Things Are

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where the Wild Things Are

For the older folk with kids. It's gotta be better than Barney, right? ;)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NOkQ4dYVaM[/media]
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Where the Wild Things Are

I'm optimistic but not getting too excited since I really loved the book. Not sure how it will stretch out to movie length.
    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

:O

Only the best childrens book ever!

Still got it :)

Making a film? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

I have read this book many, many, many times to my children over the years and am really interested in seeing how the movie comes out. The monsters, little boy, etc. look really good and really seem to bring the pictures from the book to life. They really did them justice! Like snooggums, a little part of my wonders how they will stretch the story out, but definitely intersted in seeing it.
        |TG-55| Infantry Division - Former Captain

Comment

I saw this trailer when it first hit about a month ago.

I got a little choked up just watching the trailer. I'm sure my innerchild would bawl at the theater :)
          Skud

Comment

I remember that book back from like 2nd grade, and the illustrations scared the crap outa me. But then again I was also attracted to bugs bunny in drag, and porkys girl whatever her name was, lol. Kids minds are funny things I can only imagine what my kids think about. Hope the movie isnt a let down.

Comment

[QUOTE=Shane;1354802] But then again I was also attracted to bugs bunny in drag, and porkys girl whatever her name was, lol. [\QUOTE]

Petunia I think. I remember the book as a kid and that I had no interest in it at all. I'll probably wait until it comes on cable to see it.

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

Comment

Parents unable to grasp the difference between the G in General audience ratings and G for Guidance in PG (Parental Guidance):

From CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movi...are/index.html
                "It was joyless. There were maybe 15 minutes of the hour and a half that my kids were into it," said James Griffioen of Detroit, Michigan.

His 4-year-old daughter asked, "Why is this movie so sad?" in the middle of their family's matinee viewing, while his son, a 20-month-old who normally can't get enough of the 1963 children's classic, was simply bored, he told CNN.
                "I think the book is almost designed for the 1-to-4 age group," said Griffioen, 31. "The text is so simple, and it fits in with the other books that are appropriate for that age level, which is why the movie is so strange because it seemed much more dedicated to the 8-to-12 age group."
                "I did not expect a film that promotes a weak parent figure who fails to seem to be concerned for her children, a main character who truly seems to need a therapist and a 'Wild Thing' that throws temper tantrums by destroying private property and physically abusing others," Adams said.
                A child can easily be entertained by the 5 minutes it takes to read a 10 sentence book, a 90+ minute movie that requires Parental Guidance is obviously not going to be aimed at the same age level...
                |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Makes you wonder about some people eh Snoog. Perhaps they were waiting to see Fluffy Bunny hop about and chew blades of grass with Mixipixie and Noodles, discovering a very big house that they stole and that meant they were very bad boys.

I mean - what were they thinking??! I have to agree with Shane about the crap being scared out of me and I bet all of us had the same feelings of fear (and Bugs in drag). Violence from the monsters that they will get you was always ever present, even after reading it 100 times let alone the first time.

I saw the trailer at the cinema and I have to agree 100% with Skud! Am looking forward to seeing how the adults are entertained in the film version. Storyline and depth in capturing those feelings we all had, had better be good or I'll cry foul. Still I like the sound of it so far from what has been said here and the trailer.

Comment

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/wher...ld_things_are/

Reviews seem pretty good, I still want to see it.

Comment

I remember loving the book "The Phantom Tollbooth", which was very much like Louis Carrol's tales of Alice. I was very disappointed at the animated musical based on it. If you've only seen the cartoon, go read the book. I think you'll find it much more satisfying. This is one of those books I've read multiple times, and I rarely read or watch anything more than once.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Phantom_Tollbooth

Order from Amazon.com (gives TG referral credit)
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X