Disney buys Marvel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney buys Marvel

This was big in the news last week. I was surprised that no one at TG mentioned it.

Since then people have been coming up with ideas for new crossover concepts. Like this page of photoshopped images:

http://www.worth1000.com/contest.asp...e=5000#entries

Sample:

[media]http://rookery4.aviary.com/storagev12/1972500/1972598_8113_625x1000.jpg[/media]
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Disney buys Marvel

Wow, I hadn't heard this. I wonder if they will come out with some crossovers. That could be fun.

Are they keeping the Marvel name / franchise or completely re-branding it?

This is my faviorite pic from worth1000

And just found this. :P

Comment

Ahhh well who knows where marvel will end up now.. Good luck marvel universe.. DC universe here I come..

- -

Comment

Those pictures are hilarious! But seriously I hope they keep Marvel semi-autonomous.

Comment

http://www.collegehumor.com/article:1791133

[media]http://7.media.collegehumor.com/collegehumor/ch6/d/5/collegehumor.5e8f4abdbebbbc9026a43ba56bca5d98.jpg[/media]

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Not too worried about it anymore, Disney let Pixar stay pretty autonomous. I get the feeling that Marvel did this for financial stability more than anything else. They did file for bankruptcy a couple of years before Spider-man came out. I know Disney has a reputation for children's fare in movies, but as kid stuff goes Disney puts out some really nice very polished work (ignoring their Teen actor parade).

And before everyone bemoans this, don't forget DC is owned by Warner Bros. ever hear of Bugs Bunny? In fact, this reminds me there is a Bugs Bunny/Batman tie-in in the first Batman movie with Michael Keaton.

My biggest question: Universal Studios owns Islands of Adventure in Florida, what happens to the Marvel properties there? I have not had the chance to go, so I hope they get to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by Uchiha Obito View Post
              Not too worried about it anymore, Disney let Pixar stay pretty autonomous. I get the feeling that Marvel did this for financial stability more than anything else. They did file for bankruptcy a couple of years before Spider-man came out. I know Disney has a reputation for children's fare in movies, but as kid stuff goes Disney puts out some really nice very polished work (ignoring their Teen actor parade).

And before everyone bemoans this, don't forget DC is owned by Warner Bros. ever hear of Bugs Bunny? In fact, this reminds me there is a Bugs Bunny/Batman tie-in in the first Batman movie with Michael Keaton.

My biggest question: Universal Studios owns Islands of Adventure in Florida, what happens to the Marvel properties there? I have not had the chance to go, so I hope they get to stay.
              Yeah i wasn't serious. There are so many variants of the comic heroes that really doesn't matter who owns them anymore the creators still make them what they are.

- -

Comment

Now, the REAL question is going to be whether or not Spider-man will be a playable character in the next Kingdom Hearts.

Comment

Originally posted by Uchiha Obito View Post
                  Now, the REAL question is going to be whether or not Spider-man will be a playable character in the next Kingdom Hearts.
                  What's sad is that's the first thing that came to my mind when I heard about it....
                  a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                  Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                  Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                  Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                  Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

i honestly lost all respect for marvel after they were bought up.
                    With death comes understanding
                    with understanding comes enlightenment
                    with enlightenment comes death

Comment

Originally posted by LT winters30 View Post
                      i honestly lost all respect for marvel after they were bought up.
                      Mergers are a fact of life. During the dotcom boom the objective of many small players was to become attractive to some big corporation so they'd buy you out and make you rich, and then you could go on to start a new company.

This happens a lot with game companies, which is why we just have a couple giant publishers now, and why I'm rarely interested in new games. Alas, the best gameplay comes from small shops, but the games with a huge player base come from the big boys, who have the advertising budget to pull in lots of players. It's a horrible Catch-22.

Comment

Felt the need to post this comic, gotta love RT.
                        http://redvsblue.com/comics/strip.php?id=847

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                        In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

I wonder how Disney would change if Marvel were the parent company? Would Miley Cyrus have a new dark super hero to play?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X