DF:X - heads up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF:X - heads up

You'd think novalogic couldn't get anymore retarded? Well you thought wrong. The new release of DF:X has some interesting weapon statistics that defy, um... reality.

Ok i did some testing of the weapons bullets.

these are the max ranges each weapon has, anything farther the bullet just seems to turn into a ghost. The bullets seem to have max distance, even 1 extra meter, the bullet has no kill power.

I feel all weapons need more power, and kill at any distance, no cut off ranges.

I took screenshots off all the testing, these distances are much shorter then the DF1-DF2 Weapons.

Saw- 400m

M4- 325m

M16- 351m

MP5- 150m

M82 Sniper- 676m

M24 Sniper- 630m

Pistol- 54m

In my opinion these need to be at least doubled...

at 55m i could shoot a guy all day with my pistol, 54m he will die........
    :icon_roll
    Jex.

Re: DF:X - heads up

you could shoot someone at 160+ feet with your pistol?

damn...better than me

Comment

Originally posted by section-8
      you could shoot someone at 160+ feet with your pistol?

damn...better than me
      In competition, we shot the POS M9 from 50 yards... I can keep all my shots in a man sized target from 50 yards with my HK USP .40, too. I've tried from a hundred yards, but my body simply moves too much to keep it on target while standing. I'm sure a hundred yards is still doable from the bench, though...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I think the point is if you're lucky or good enough to hit a target at that range, the bullet will be ineffective because the distance is greater than the weapon's rated range. Interesting way of implementing damage in a game.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
          I think the point is if you're lucky or good enough to hit a target at that range, the bullet will be ineffective because the distance is greater than the weapon's rated range. Interesting way of implementing damage in a game.
          Interesting, I suppose... But so, so, wrong...

The "effective range" of a weapon has never done a really good job of stopping bullets in real life... This sounds like a silly way to try to do it in a game...
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X