Restroom ratings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restroom ratings

This site just screams for an iPhone app. Maybe someone can create one for Android.

http://www.restroomratings.com/

Welcome to RestroomRatings.com, a special spot on the web for public restroom reviews from around the world. You can begin by browsing our ever-expanding database of reviews. If you don't like what you see, please feel free to submit a rating to add to our archives.
    The site also includes "features" like a history of public restrooms, a museum of 1985 Minnesota restrooms, and an article with fun facts about urine!
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Restroom ratings

His bathroom reviews are founded on a bedrock of 20 solid years of independent toileting.
    I wonder if he put that into his resume...:p
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Something like that might actually get me to by an iPhone or andriod.

I hate public restrooms. This is the main reason I don't like traveling.
      Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
        Something like that might actually get me to by an iPhone or andriod.

I hate public restrooms. This is the main reason I don't like traveling.

im not a fan either. especially those without dividers by the urinals or without closing doors at the stalls. i can hold it lol
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

I've heard of self-washing ones that hose down the insides when a motion detector says no one's inside. I tend to sit really still, so I'm a bit afraid of something like that.

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
            I've heard of self-washing ones that hose down the insides when a motion detector says no one's inside. I tend to sit really still, so I'm a bit afraid of something like that.
            Oh gosh, those are the worst. They flush while I'm still on the toilet halfway through. Then your ass gets covered in water and feces (especially if you have one of those diaherria dumps). They seem to have some stupid hidden timer that flushes whether or not the sensor tells the system there's a person still on the toilet.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Thanks for the visual there Acreo, I'm sure we all needed to think about you turtling with the squirts. ;)

On a side note, never, EVER use a public restroom in any major city train station. Well, unless you WANT hepatitis.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                Thanks for the visual there Acreo, I'm sure we all needed to think about you turtling with the squirts. ;)

On a side note, never, EVER use a public restroom in any major city train station. Well, unless you WANT hepatitis.
                As an avid train rider I have to disagree on two stations

Washington DC and Chicago had very nice bathrooms when I traveled last.

At the Chicago station there where some bad ones, especially off the main area. But the others where fine.

DC toilets where almost spotless.

Now toilets on the train? Very odd. On some trains take a dump and flush and watch your poop splat on the ties! (Doesn't that seem strange?)
                Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Speaking of pooping on the go, here's a story about an airliner bombing a car with an icy block of excrement:

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=105x2548233

I think this is what during the cold war they called an "Icy BM". :p

Comment

We have those in Seattle. We call them them the "Million Dollar Crack Houses". I've never been brave enough to go inside one, auto-wash or no.:row__738:

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/287615_toilet05.html

Comment

From the article:

Smith said the automated toilets he sees always seem to have drug dealers in front, forcing people to find somewhere else to go. "And I guess when you have to go, you have to go."
                      So if these places are magnets for crime, why aren't the cops there picking the low-hanging fruit and bagging easy arrests? Seems like the restrooms make good "criminal bait".

Comment

If you're ever in need of a rest stop while driving look for a Buc-ee's, the restrooms are immaculate, video cameras are all over the parking lot and in the store and that place is lit up like Times Square so you don't feel vulnerable.

Comment

I think we need to formalize the criteria for these ratings, though. It looks like we're lagging behind other parts of the world in this respect:

|TG-Irr| ThePenguineer ::: |TG-Irr| Pengie the Noob
                          TG-Irregulars Commanding Officer
                          ||

Comment

Yeah we have a few in Boston (I think they may have removed some due to prostitution though), they all seemed to have weight sensors to tell that someone was in the room. I guess if you got up on a counter, stopped moving and maybe covered yourself with a sheet it might start cleaning, but short of that..

Comment

What is sad is that there is one pit stop that I know that has an adult gift shop built right next to it...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X