Clear All

• Silent Hunter series

anyone play the silent hunter series?

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
    The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Re: Silent Hunter series

Grey Wolves,

Trigger Maru.

I sink everything that crosses my path......well I take that back, the death rates in Grey wolves are pretty close to those in the real war *Suicide missions*.

I sank a British Battleship one time in GWX and lived to tell the tale in port, that was one hell of a ride.

Comment

Yea I play SH:4.

I have not really played online yet. But me and RememberTheAlamo were planning to play sometime.

Comment

yeah same here i play SH4 with trigger maru, havent played online but would like to

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
        The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

My last one was SH3. I don't play for pure realism (Quasisim, limited fuel/bat/air/duds but don't do the calcs myself) nor real-time. SH3 had a pretty bad flaw in it in that crews didn't rest up when you did time compression. So one particularly hairy fight and you either had to spend 8 hours babysitting the crew to get them all rested or the rest of your tour was shot.

But man, did I love the external cam on a stormy day. After a few waves in the smaller subs I decided it was cruel and unusual punishment to have my deck crew out and submerged to 25 meters, 1/8th speed and just rode out the storm letting the sonar crew try to pick out contacts.

SH4 seemed to have the same problem so never went into that one. Hopefully the upcoming SH5 they'll have some sort of shift-scheduling in the game so that time-compression after a battle isn't such a tour killer.
          "...the rules aren't there to enumerate what is always correct but what is always wrong..."

Comment

I've never played one but I'm quite looking forward to Silent Hunter 5.
            |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
            Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Have SH:4
              Pretty good

Comment

SH4 + TMO + RSRDC

'nuff said.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X