MechWarrior Living Legends

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MechWarrior Living Legends

I know this was brought up for a while here, but has anyone been considering getting this particular Crysis mod?

http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MechWarrior_Living_Legends

Apart from being able to pilot 'Mechs, which will be awesome in and of itself, it appears that there will be squad based play (FAQ pt. I.6) as well as the infantry and vehicle elements of combat as well. Plus, it sounds like their intention to stay true to Battletech TROs and combat in general (you know, stuff like the Head, Center/Right/Left Torso, etc.). I guess my only problem with it at this point is the 32-player limit (might be fine for mech-only fights but nevertheless seems a bit small for this kind of combat).

It looks like it'll be sometime a bit later this year. I think I just might go get a copy of Crysis specifically for this. =D

Re: MechWarrior Living Legends

Looks pretty cool for a mod. I'll definitely give it a shot at least.

Comment

I thought they had stalled in development, and the mod makers were fairly rude to the forum posters when I checked it out. If things have improved I might pick up crysis for this if crysis is cheap enough.
      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
        I thought they had stalled in development, and the mod makers were fairly rude to the forum posters when I checked it out. If things have improved I might pick up crysis for this if crysis is cheap enough.
        Were they? =(

I used to check on it some in the past, then didn't check on it for a while until just recently, so I didn't know anything about that.

Right now Crysis is about $30 on Steam.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnRenwick View Post
          Were they? =(

I used to check on it some in the past, then didn't check on it for a while until just recently, so I didn't know anything about that.

Right now Crysis is about $30 on Steam.
          I got Crysis MAX edition at bestbuy (that Crysis, Warhead, and Wars bundled) for 30 as well.
          |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

I'll reinstall to give it go!
            "There are two kinds of people in this world. Those with guns and those who dig. You dig."
            EvE Online: Jintu Xi, Bandu McWilly
            PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork & Steam = "TrickyTerp"

Comment

isn't Living legends not out yet?
              With death comes understanding
              with understanding comes enlightenment
              with enlightenment comes death

Comment

I'll have to try this mod out. Got bored w/ the vanilla Crysis so will have to reinstall lol, oh well.

Comment

I was very excited about this mod, but when I read microsoft finally released the rights to Mechwarrior the guys that built their games while they were at microsoft, I'm more excited about the next true Mechwarrior game. BTW, Mech4 and all the expansions are moving to freeware: http://battletech.catalystgamelabs.com/
                  |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Originally posted by tHa_KhAn View Post
                    I was very excited about this mod, but when I read microsoft finally released the rights to Mechwarrior the guys that built their games while they were at microsoft, I'm more excited about the next true Mechwarrior game. BTW, Mech4 and all the expansions are moving to freeware: http://battletech.catalystgamelabs.com/
                    That was announced a long time ago and there have been no updates, so I've already come to believe it won't be followed through on.
                    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

The page I linked has an update from September 10th it looks like. Looks like they are including the MekTek packs which are awesome and add in all the Mechs from classic battle tech.
                      |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

There is a new reboot of Mechwarrior in the works as well apparently:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MechWarrior_(reboot)

Comment

Yup, there's a new mechwarrior game in the works as well. Think a thread is up on the forums somewhere, but its late and im lazy and dont want to hunt it down.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X