Rental Experiences?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rental Experiences?

Okay, this is going to seem like an odd request coming from me but seeing how others have had success in the past, I figure this would be a good medium.

I have to do some interviews with people for a project that I'm involved in for one of my design courses. I figure with the time constraint (< a week) and my limited free time, that posting here and getting responses from the community would help me with the project.

I've come up with a few somewhat open-ended questions. I would really appreciate it if I could get a responses from a few of you. I'd only ask that you respond honestly to the questions and include any additional comments afterwards. Right now I can't say exactly what this project is about as that would skewer any data I collect from interviews. I will, however, mention more about the project after this stage is over for those interested. :)

So here are the questions:
    1. What is your name? (Please include first and last. If you don't feel comfortable, then I'd ask at least include your first name and last initial.)
    2. How old are you?
    3. Are you male or female?
    4. Do you have a picture of yourself? (Again, not mandatory, but it would help me greatly in the later stages of my project.)
    5. Have you ever rented a vehicle before?
    6. Was it a long-term or short-term rental?
    7. What were your expectations going in? (Doesn't have to be limited to the car.)
    8. How would you overall describe the experience you had (or experiences)?
    9. How far did you go with the vehicle?
    10. What did you not like about renting?
    11. If you had to (or wanted to) rent a vehicle in the future, what type of vehicle would you choose? Why?
    12. Additional Comments Below...

Lastly, you guys/gals can post a reply to this thread or you can PM the answers and such.

Since I'm in a time crunch, I'm asking that everyone who wants to partake send/post their answers by no later than tomorrow night so I have time to compile the data.

Thanks! :D
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: Rental Experiences?

1. What is your name? (Please include first and last. If you don't feel comfortable, then I'd ask at least include your first name and last initial.)
    Joseph P.
    2. How old are you?
    3. Are you male or female?
    Male
    4. Do you have a picture of yourself? (Again, not mandatory, but it would help me greatly in the later stages of my project.)
    I'll e-mail one to you later whenever you want
    5. Have you ever rented a vehicle before?
    Many times
    6. Was it a long-term or short-term rental?
    Both
    7. What were your expectations going in? (Doesn't have to be limited to the car.)
    Worry free transportation
    8. How would you overall describe the experience you had (or experiences)?
    Great!
    9. How far did you go with the vehicle?
    As far as the Rockies, Florida, and also rented cars in Spain and Germany
    10. What did you not like about renting?
    When they are out of econo cars and try to make you rent a truck/suv.
    11. If you had to (or wanted to) rent a vehicle in the future, what type of vehicle would you choose? Why?
    A convertible like I rented in Florida. Alamo gave me a Saab 9-3! Super sweet car that really enhanced my vacation with my now ex-gf. The convertible just really made the car rental experience that much better. Especially since it was a decked out European car with ALL the bells and whistles (Nav/XM/etc), and not just your average Chrysler Sebring like most places offer.
    12. Additional Comments Below...
    I wish rental places offered more variety. It's nice to rent cars you are thinking about buying to truly get a feel for how you like it. I also wish the luxury class didn't cost the fortune they charge. I wanted to rent a Hyundai Azera (just to check it out), and the rental place wanted almost $180/day for it! I went with the Malibu for $20/day instead.
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Re: Rental Experiences?

Ah well, it seems I was in even more of a time crunch than I had thought. I'm supposed to compile the data and submit a formal proposal by Sunday morning. So if anyone else would like to contribute please do. Right now as it stands, this project doesn't have enough data from the older people (too many college student interviews). So it would be nice to collect more from those of you with experience with car rental services, special rentals (dirt bikes, ATVs, bicycles, etc.), and watercraft rentals.

Thanks to War.monger who took the time to post a reply. Thanks a lot War. :D
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X