What are study groups supposed to be?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are study groups supposed to be?

From what I have been told it should be more of a reinforcement of what's learned in class and through self study. Not a tutoring session for those who don't even read the book, right?

Re: What are study groups supposed to be?

Study groups are a combination of things. As you said, reinforcement of whats already been learned by sharing information and viewpoints amongst peers and classmates, as well as integration of new knowledge that isnt readily understood by some through the same means. However, I always held a cardinal rule in study groups that I was a participant of in college: if you show up and are completely unprepared, be prepared to walk right back out. Study groups are for groups of people to hone the knowledge that they have and fill in the gaps where needed, but not be full on tutoring sessions.

Comment

I have been in groups where we discussed problems we had with the homework (after completing it) and relating the homework problems to examples from the lecture. I would call that a study group. Like Ferris said, you don't show up if you haven't completed the homework to the best of your ability.
      Viking

Comment

Originally posted by amu107.9 View Post
        From what I have been told it should be more of a reinforcement of what's learned in class and through self study. Not a tutoring session for those who don't even read the book, right?
        Time to gossip, plan what everyone is going to do that weekend, and then discuss what might be on the upcoming test.
        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
        Level II Volunteer FireFighter
        Level I HazMat Technician
        NYS EMT-B
        Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
        RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
        Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
        Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
        We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
          Time to gossip, plan what everyone is going to do that weekend, and then discuss what might be on the upcoming test.
          Ok, who the heck let this person out of the Sandbox?

Comment

Thats what I always knew them as. Thats why I never went to one again.
            |TG|Ghost02
            TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

This has been my experience.

I just study on my own.
              |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse