Leukocytosis.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leukocytosis.

Hmm.. my dad busted his ribs while playing hockey. He went with my mom to the hospital for a check up. She just called me and told me he has too much leukocytes (white blood cells) in his blood aka leukocytosis.

Has anyone had any experience with this, other family members or relatives?

Re: Leukocytosis.

Well, leukocytosis can be caused by a wide variety of things and is generally found as a symptom, not an actual disease itself. Think about it like a runny nose. The runny nose itself isnt the problem, the cold is. Same thing with leukocytosis. It basically boils down to being an increase in white blood cell count.

Now, since you said that your dad busted his ribs, the undelying issue could have been an exposure of bone marrow, allowing leukocytes to stem into the bloodstream, or the associated hemorrhage . The other causes are generally more serious, including things like cancer, serious infection, etc. But considering your dad's condition, i find the former cause being the most likely. I'm sure he'll be well monitored and assuming there are no additional underlying causes, there shouldnt be much to worry about.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
    X