Nhl 09

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nhl 09

So I just came back from a San jose sharks game against Minnesota. Then I wondered what's happening to the other teams in the nation(who's winning and losing). I know it's early in the season, but I would like to know what you hockey fans(including myself) think on who might make it to the playoffs and Stanley Cup Championships predictions are.

Discuss...

And I have set up a social group for us hockey fans. I am currently working on updating it so it would be more enjoyable :D

Re: Nhl 09

There already is a hockey group but not many people are in it
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/groups/...ads-unite.html

As far as Stanley Cup I wanna see Penguins win it again :p

Comment

I've been so busy between work and stuff, that I haven't had a lot of time to give the whole league a good looking over, so I can't make much in the way of predictions. I will say that so far, I am very pleasantly surprised at how well my Avalanche are playing, considering how much youth they have on the ice right now, and no big name in goal. I'd like to see them able to boost their goal scoring a bit, but they seem to have a lot more energy this year, and are playing smarter in their own zone so far.
      |TG-55| Infantry Division - Former Captain

Comment

My oilers are off to a good start. We lost those 2 games to calgary, but we should have won at least one of them. Flames dont look nearly as good as there record says.

Comment

Big Penguins fan here. We seem to be off to a good start. Previous years we've sucked at the beginning of the season and then lit on fire the 2nd half. This year we are startin out strong....I hope we don't suck the 2nd half. :)
          sigpic
          I'm Back.

Comment

Just had to snap a screenie of the overall league standings as of today, with my Avalanche on TOP!!! If they can continue playing even remotely close to this well through the season, I will be in absolute heaven, considering that this team was really not expected to do much at all this year. #1 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Your Avs just had to ruin the first oiler home game I have been to. Drove 3 hours to watch it, and what happens, we don't even get a goal.

Your avs are catching everyone by surprise this year though.

Comment

I'd say I am sorry Hellswaters, but it would only be half-hearted. ;)

I can understand how you feel though. I've been to quite a few Avs games over the years, but had never been to a playoff game. My brother and I scored game 7 tickets in 2003 in the Colorado-Minnesota series. I had NEVER experienced an atmosphere like the Pepsi Center that night. Absolute insanity the entire game, every time up and down the ice, you'd hold your breath, and scream and cheer for every single play the Avs made, no matter how small. Then Andrew Brunette scores in OT to knock my Avs out of the playoffs. While I'm extremely glad I got to go and experience that kind of craziness and excitement, as well as see Patrick Roy play his last game ever first hand, the 1-1/2 hour drive back home was the lowest I've ever felt after a hockey game.

Comment

Na, the trip was fun. Good time with a couple friends, and even then it was still a good game. Definitely going to make that trip again.

Comment

Though the scores are low, and its really early in the season. It wont be that way for long ;)

Comment

How about the surprise of the NHL the Phoenix Coyotes and to the coach of the year Dave Tippett? Coyotes are 4th in the Western Conference and on pace for 104 points!! Considering the off season they had and uncertainty of the organization I think that where they are playing some phenominal hockey right now!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X