Tactical Gamer - Graphic Contest Winners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Gamer - Graphic Contest Winners

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing. Best of luck to everyone who entered.

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

I didn't enter cause i don't know how to make stuff like that yet :)
    Good luck on the competetion guys!

Comment

I didn't enter because I know I __suck__ at making stuff like that. :)

Sure is fun to see what people came up with, though.

Wyzcrak

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Good work everyone.

I can't wait to play on the Dedicated Public & Public Servers. ;)
        I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Comment

No offense to any of the guys who did them, but what is this big thing about "maturity" and being "grown up" and "patience" I saw that getting used a lot. IMO it really doesnt matter who wins because all of the banners are pretty much the same thing. Dont get me wrong, they all look good and I wished I could do half as good as them on this kind of stuff, but they all look exactly the same.

If this was on me though, I would have to go with the 5th or the 6th from the bottom. Either one of those look great. Its simple, it doesnt claim anything, and it explains what we are by asking a simple question "Do you want to play with the big boys?". Its perfect. Who ever did it, WTG! Honestly, its perfect.

Of course this is just my opinion and I am sure I am probably the only person who sees it this way.

Comment

Originally posted by HSantal'
            Good work everyone.

I can't wait to play on the Dedicated Public & Public Servers. ;)

DOH!!! ..............Slaps Head
            "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

Geez, the one about the squads forgot the top GR squad here, the 42nd :evil:

Comment

"Mean't" is not a word.

Trey

Comment

Looks cool guys! Congrats to everyone that entered.
                  [volun]

Comment

Great Job. Good Luck to all.

Comment

Yeah- since when is our squad "N42"? *giggle*

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie
                        Geez, the one about the squads forgot the top GR squad here, the 42nd :evil:
                        Heh....and I'll see you through crosshairs Fri night bro ;)

Comment

Originally posted by eternal
                          Please PLEASE don't take this negatively BUT there was one thing missing from all those banners. Anything refering to fun. I think we have so many rules and so much structure around here sometimes we forget about the fact we are playing games. We suck the fun out of them until it's like being in school or being in the actual military. I never served our country but I have served here at TG! :) Again, this is meant to be constructive criticism. I think we are missing a large market by being too damn serious. Sure people can say "well we are going for our target audience. No, that's wrong. Our target audience is people with money who like to play games while doing it maturely.

Great work guys. A few lil flaws but some top notch entries none the less. I also think any clan affiliations is a mistake. We all know clans come and go way to frequently to put them in our banner.
                          Whoever wins congrats, to those who don't, we can tell you gave it your all.
                          I agree with this

Comment

Originally posted by Psi_RedEye22
                            Our target audience is people with money...
                            TG doesn't care about money, that's why I'm still here, along with a good 50% of the other people who use the "Free" membership option at TG (not saying im never gonna pay, cause i will when i have the $) but still, i'd enjoy a paying member who works as a teammate JUST AS MUCH as one without the cash.

Ahhh....but TG is just one part of a company called Network 42 LLC, and yes, it is a business, which means profit is part of the equation :)

....there was one thing missing from all those banners. Anything refering to fun. I think we have so many rules and so much structure around here sometimes we forget about the fact we are playing games.
                            ...hmmm....I was having major fun the other night when I saw this guy crawl into my SR25sd crosshairs, and the following "splat" when his forehead got in the way of a high speed chunk of lead ;)

Good submissions to those who can do graphics work :) I'm lucky to be able to edit a picture that's already done, let alone create something from scratch... :?

Comment

Originally posted by phyllis
                              Ahhh....but TG is just one part of a company called Network 42 LLC, and yes, it is a business, which means profit is part of the equation :)
                              Yes, but Tactical Gamer is not the profit part of that equation. Apophis has stated several times before that TG is not out to make a profit. While memberships are vital to its survival (for now, and until N42 takes over the world and can subsidize all of our memberships :)), I believe this is a recruiting ground for people who might be interested in purchasing some of Network 42's other services.

I won't claim to know exactly how this impacts marketing when it comes to TG, or N42 for that matter. But it's certainly something to keep in mind.

Wyzcrak

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X