Stargate Universe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stargate Universe

Anyone know what brand of sunglasses they are using in Episodes 2 & 3 when they are in the desert?

Re: Stargate Universe

Wileys Xs iirc...
    pritty sure they used those throughout the orignal and atlantis series
    sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

The ones O'Neill used in the original series are INCREDIBLY rare, so if they are the same you are basically out of luck, but I haven't paid enough attention when watching to notice if they are. I looked for them a few years ago as I too think they're awesome.

These are what Jack had :

EDIT: Little bit more info
      Bugaboos made Jack O'Neill's glasses. I don't know how many of the glasses they made for the open market, but I know that they customized 10 for the show, 8 of which went to the studio and 2 of which went into private hands.

Mountain Equipment Co-op and Vuarnet both made the same style glasses as Bubaboo's. Vuarnets have hook arms, and the Mountain Equipment Co-Op came both ways I believe. Otherwise they are identical to the Bugaboos with the exception of possible lens color variation (Vuarnet for example offered the glasses with many of their different lens materials).

Comment

so far pretty good hulu link http://www.hulu.com/stargate-universe
        Last edited by _BuB_; 10-17-2009, 02:51 PM. Reason: in case missed first 3 ep.

Comment

if you google Wileys Xs iirc
          The second result for me atleast is this thread! sweet!
          Gonna order a pair.. why you ask. Well, I like them and they come in Rx strengths!

Comment

I missed the next two episodes, but apparently the first was episode 1 & 2 combined. I was really impressed. The plot seemed good, the acting was good, and the production was top notch, must of had more funding than the previous SG's. I think it's another show I can get into.

Comment

I think they decided to freshen up the series.
              The series is darker and grittier. Of course they are fleshing out the characters since we don't have a movie to give us the backstory on the team.

I also like that these guys seems more i hate to say "broken". But that's the way it seems they aren't your SNAFU team that kicks ass and takes names. While maintaining the lovability in the original series and atlantis.

They kind of went BSG. Where it's now a space Drama. Not just a scifi series. I like it as well.

Comment

I'm enjoying the series. They definitely took it in a new direction.
                |TG-12th| asch
                sigpic

Comment

Can't go wrong with Shooter McGavin and Lou Diamond Phillips :)

Actually I only watched 1/2 of the premiere before interruption, couldn't get into it so I haven't finished it. Haven't deleted either though as it is well acted and the special effects are smooth. Not sure on the writing though.
                  |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

It's off to a good start, I'm allot more impressed with this show than I was of Stargate Atlantis when that came out.

Is it just me though, or does Eli need to go away. Forever. He annoys the hell out of me.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                      It's off to a good start, I'm allot more impressed with this show than I was of Stargate Atlantis when that came out.

Is it just me though, or does Eli need to go away. Forever. He annoys the hell out of me.
                      Eli is the kid who won the "Last Star Fighter but on the internet" contest right?
                      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Comment

I think Eli is gonna man up as the series progresses. Right now he's a slacker genius. Who doesn't know what's going on so he's compensating.

But in that first episode. He showed a glimpse of what I think his character will develop into. A reliable teammate who's got your back and will be there when he tells you he will be there.

Comment

I'll preface this by saying that I believe Stargate SG-1 is the best show ever and that it died when Jack got promoted/left, Hammond went away, and Frasier died. I always watch the last half of Season 7 with a note of sadness because I know it's the last true SG-1 in my mind.

I have mixed feelings about the show. I honestly preferred the type of show that SG-1 was. As a long time large fan of SG-1(My name, :) ), it just felt different. Heh, that's because it was. The producers have made it clear that they wanted a different tone with the show and that is for me, somewhat painfully obvious. Now to be fair, this is the first episodes of a show. It's always been hard for me to decide about a show in that short a period of time. I was not sure I would like Atlantis, but I ended up loving it(maybe partly because SG-1 went away). From the get-go after I heard what this show was based around, I have been calling it Stargate Voyager. :D To this day I still enjoy Star Trek Voyager so that's not a complaint. lol

All in all, I did have fun watching the show and I think it will do well and hope it does if for no other reason than I don't want the SG franchise to die. After all, one game is no longer in production and the other is stalled.

O'Neill's Sunglasses were my favorite part.

Comment

Been a stargate fan from when i was a wee lad, and saw the trailers for the movie with Kurt Russel, went to see it and got hooked on the universe...

Watched episode 4 of SGU last night...
                            Haven't made up my mind yet, Obviously the budget is there, and they got Lou diamond Phillips (!), but he's stuck on earth...
                            It's got potential though, we'll see where it goes...

oh btw, in episode 4 you can def see the "rip-off" BSG pan shots :p
                            sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

Originally posted by sturgis View Post
                              Been a stargate fan from when i was a wee lad, and saw the trailers for the movie with Kurt Russel, went to see it and got hooked on the universe...
                              I went to the movie in the theaters and there was this clearly intoxicated guy in the row in front of me (he was a bit stumbly and slurred his speech). He was fairly quiet the whole movie, and as the last wormhole sequence stopped and the credits there was a quiet but serious "That was the most awesome thing I have ever seen." I thought it was fairly clever and entertaining myself.

I thought the movie was much better than the series due to the series falling into the same old sci-fi episode plots and escalation of power levels (get butts kicked by Gou'uld, then get something that allows us to kick their butts, then replicators introduced and they can 'destroy the galaxy', find a way to kick their butts, get spaceship, oh look, Ori are now ancients who are evil). I'm sure there was a historical figures episode in there somewhere, bad time travel plots that end with a paradox, etc. I realize anything will get stale after a while but I always get annoyed when the easy cliches are used. I watched it for a few years, gave Atlantis a few years but I never really though either was that good.

I have the same take on this new series. It's like Star Trek Voyager meets The Last Starfighter meets Battlestar Galactica. I see a fast decline in quality coming up in season 2 with how recycled the starting plot was.
                              |TG-6th|Snooggums

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X